Wednesday, July 26, 2017

It's Shark Week!!!!


Happy Shark Week!!!!!!!

Hello my loves and Happy Wednesday!  Hope your week is going well and that you have been catching some shark shows on Discovery Channel if you have it.  I love Shark Week every year.  I'm super scared of sharks, probably thanks to my parents letting us kids watch all the Jaws movies when we were little, lol, and well, sharks can kill you.  That being said, I am very fascinated by sharks of all kinds.  I really enjoy watching the shows on sharks and learning about them, they are interesting creatures.  So, in honor of Shark Week this year, I of course had to do some more shark nails.  Last year was my first shot at Shark Week nails and the side view sharks ended up looking like snakes so this year did a fin and a front face of a shark instead and wrote the words "Shark Week".  I liked last year's nails okay, but love this year's.  Should have used a red, darker gray or black for the words to show up better though.  Oh well, I love them anyways and am super proud of this year's Shark Week nails. You can see last year's here if you would like http://musingswithmelly.blogspot.com/2016/06/happy-shark-week.html

Here you go!!!!  My base here is Essie "Avenue Maintain".  The glitter on my thumbs and pinkies is Color Club "Sexy Siren".  I used a few different polishes I didn't bother writing down with nail art brushes and a dotting tool to draw the sharks, fins and words.








Avenue Maintain on it's own. This blue is really , really pretty!
Here's the only two sharky things I own :)  I've been wearing the necklace all this week for Shark Week.
There you have my Shark Week nails.  Hope you like them.

Here's my friend, Vanessa's, cat Salem enjoying Shark Week too.  I love this picture of him.  She posted it on Facebook yesterday and I told her I was so stealing this for my post today.  And, he's a black cat too, so, there's that :)  That's it for today, have a great rest of the night. Next week I will be doing some more shark nails for the premiere of Sharknado 5, the movie, on SciFi Channel on August 6th.  I can't wait for this 5th installment of the cheesiest shark movies ever!!!!  I'm planning some stormy sharks of some sort, they will be fun.  Talk soon!!

Salem ready for Shark Week

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment