Friday, January 15, 2016

Give Me Glitter!

Hey friends,

I hope you are all well.  I am not so okay.  My Dad died a week ago on January 6th at home.  He was in the hospital and went home that Monday before and that Tuesday night into Wednesday morning he passed peacefully in his bed.  Our family and friends were expecting it as he'd been sick with cancer for the last year which I have written about here on my blog at other times, but, we all and my Dad all thought we had a bit more time.  He went down really fast in the hospital.  His memorial service is tomorrow and that's going to be a really difficult emotional day.  I still can't believe my Daddy is gone, this sucks and life will never be the same again.  I miss him so much already, sigh.

I don't really have much to say tonight, so I'll just spam you a bunch of glitter manis I've done that I've been saving up for a glitter post.  I did do some huntin' orange nails as a tribute to my Dad for tomorrow and will get them up maybe tomorrow or the next day.  I am going to be going to a Post Post New Year's Eve party tomorrow night that some good friends are having which will be a way to say goodbye to this crappy real year so far and start a new year, it's what my Dad would have wanted and it's going to be good for me to be around good friends and people that love me during this sucky and sad time for me.

I used a base of China Glaze "Mix & Mingle" here with accents of LA Girl Color "Extra! Extra!" and a coat of Sally Hansen "Sparkling Jewel" on the rest. I've said it before and I say it again, I absolutely LOVE white glitter and can't get enough of it ever :)



Mix & Mingle on it's own, it's purple and so I love it :)
Here I used a base of Essie "Virgin Snow" with accents of Polish Me Silly "Mr. Bubble" and a Melly Mix on the rest. Mr. Bubble is quite the pretty glitter, I dig it.



Virgin Snow by itself, this is a really nice light purple, I just love purples so much. 
For these I did a base of China Glaze "Shocking Pink" with glitter accents of Funky Fingers "Alex's Lemonade" and a coat of Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Sparkling Rose" on the rest.


Shocking Pink on it's own.  This is one of my very favorite pink neons, it's so pink and bright and neon in your face.  I love it.
Here I used a base of OPI "Dating A Royal" with Wet 'n Wild Mega Rocks "Winterful Life" on my accents and a coat of Indigo Bananas "SF 35 Top Coat" on the rest.


Dating A Royal, a true royal blue, it's a staple in my collection of blues for sure 
That's it, I'll talk to you all soon.  Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers during this hard time.  I'd appreciate it.

Here's my Dad, nephew, Jared, and me at a family kid's b-day party many a moons ago.  Boy, how I miss my Dad, he was a wonderful man and a great Dad. It's so weird him not being around, it sucks. I love you Daddy so much!

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment