Saturday, January 30, 2016

Snowed In Snowy Wintery Nails


Happy Caturday My Friends!!!!!

Hope you have all had a good week and are doing good.  I am alright.  Last Friday into Saturday we had our first official blizzard or snow of any sort for that matter this Winter and it was a bitch!!!  We got 30.2" of that beastly terrible white stuff and I was snowed in until this past Tuesday morning when I was finally able to get my car out and make it to work.  It was so much snow and there's still so much snow out there, what a mess it was.  My outside awning/shade structure/porch also died during the storm, it collapsed cuz' the snow got too heavy on it and Casey was out removing snow all weekend and I just couldn't get it cleared off fast enough, ugh!!!  I might have him try to rig it back together for now until we can get a new one, it sucked tho', my poor "porch"!!!  My back is still paying from all that damn shoveling too, but, at least it's supposed to warm up this coming week so it should melt a lot of this thankfully.  My sister and I are having hay delivered also for the horses tomorrow and that's going to be loads of fun putting away in the snow, grrrrrrr.......

But anyways, onto my nails.  I've had snowflakes, penguins and polar bears on my Winter nail to do list so decided what better time to start my Winter themed nails than during our first storm, so, I decided to do snowflakes for my snowed in nails.  Here you go, both my snowflakes and my penguins and polar bears.  Hope you like them :)

For my snowflakes I started with a base of Essie "Find Me An Oasis" and stamped the flakes using Born Pretty plate QA58 and Winstonia plate W120 and OPI "Eurso Euro" and two Kleancolor no name metallics.  I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on my stamped nails and Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Splash" on my glitter accent nails and then did a coat of a Melly Mix on the rest.   I like the way these turned out, but, that glitter sucked, too much base and it made bubbles in the glitter, oh well, such is life!!






Find Me An Oasis by itself, such a perfect Winter blue!
Then a few days later after I got all dug out I did some penguin and polar bear freehand nails.  I started with a base of China Glaze "Be Bright Back", the glitter was Sinful Colors "Mamasita" and I used China Glaze "White On White", China Glaze "Liquid Leather" and Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Mellow Yellow" to do the penguins and bears using nail art brushes and dotting tools.  I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of those and a Melly Mix on the others.  I love the way these turned out and am really happy with them for my first try doing both of these and my bear doesn't look like a cat, so, that is good, LOL :)  If you read my blog regularly you may remember my reindeer turning into reincats cuz' they ended up looking nothing like deer, LOL :)



Be Bright Back on it's own, this is a really pretty bright pink, I love it 
Here's a slew of pics of the snow we got both during the snow and after when I had to start digging out, ugh :)















See that insanity, it sucked!!! So much snow, but, this week it's supposed to be in the 50's so that will melt a lot of this white madness away!!!!

That's it for now, I leave you with Dino playing with the snowflake boxes and the snowflake ornament when I was taking my nail pics, he's such a cool cat :)


Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment