Friday, February 2, 2018

Will He Or Won't He See His Shadow???

Happy Groundhog Day!!!!

So, will that rodent see his shadow or not and let us know if we have 6 more weeks of Winter left (which we always do anyways, lol).  Groundhog Day is a super silly holiday here in the states that is well, just silly.  It's said that if the groundhog named Phil sees his shadow we will have 6 more weeks of Winter and if he does not then we will have an early Spring!  I know I am hoping for an early spring.  There's a bunch of old dudes that dress in top hats and declare if he saw his shadow or not.  

The annual festivities are held in my home state of PA but I myself have never been to the celebration, maybe one of these years I will make it out to western Pennsylvania to see this rodent in action for myself.

If you want to learn more about this silly holiday go here: http://www.groundhog.org/about/history/

Here's the rodent, Phil, with one of the old geezers that declares whether he sees his shadow or not.

 Last year I did nails for this day that had the Phil, the sun and clouds on them.  This year I wanted to change it so these nails below are what I came up with for this year.  I love them!!!  You can see last year's nails and more history on the day here: http://musingswithmelly.blogspot.com/2017/02/happy-groundhog-day.html

I realized after I did these that I drew the question mark backwards on my left hand, oh well, as my sister said last night, it is a backwards holiday since there's always 6 more weeks of Winter until the first day of Spring, so the backwards mark actually does work, lol :) Here you go, hope you enjoy them :)

My base is OPI "This Cost Me A Mint".  I then used nail art brushes and dotting tools with the following polishes to create the art: China Glaze "Mahogany Magic", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Bare It All", Xtreme Wear "White On", Xtreme Wear "Black Out" and China Glaze "Awaken".  I put a coat of Kleancolor "Twilight" on my thumbs and pinkies to finish.




This Cose Me a Mint on it's own. 
There you have my 2018 Groundhog Day nails.  I am posting this very early so I don't actually know yet if Phil will see his shadow or not yet, that's still about an hour away! Have a great Friday and I'll talk to you soon!

I leave you with kitties, Betty, Buster (RIP my sweet old boy) and Dino. When I come across these pics I took before Buster died they do make me feel sad, I miss him so much, yet at the same time I also smile from the memories.  He was a good boy.


Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment