Sunday, February 2, 2020

Punxsutawney Phil Said..........

"It's going to be an early Spring!!!!!!!"
Good morning friends, today is Groundhog Day, the super silly weather tradition that today was the 134th celebration of Groundhog Day. This is in my state of PA about 3 to 4 hours or so from where I live. It's in Punxsutawney and year round the groundhog lives in it's habitat in the town library. Tradition dictates that if Phil the groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd then we are to have six more weeks of Winter weather and if he does not see his shadow then we are going to have an early Spring time. in the town at a place called Gobbler's Knob is where the celebration is done with singing and dancing and celebrating all things groundhog. It's a fun thing to watch on TV or stream online if you are up early. I am an early bird so I watch the festivities each year.

There really is nothing serious about the event and as they say during the festivities that there are so many serious things in the world and Groundhog Day is not one of them. I have always thought it was a cute holiday and enjoy it and one of these years I will get my butt out there to experience it live and cold, lol.

So, today of course I have some nails to celebrate. I like the way these turned out. These are a variation of ones I did a few years back. There's only so many things I can do with my nails each year for the day. I hope you like them too and here's to an early Spring, hope you are right Mr. Phil, you damn rodent! :)

My base is China Glaze "Show 'em Who's Blossom". I used a slew of other colors to create the sky, the groundhog, the sun, clouds and rain that I was too lazy to keep track of. On my pinkies and thumbs is a coat of Sally Hanson Diamond Strength "Crystal Beading" to finish this mani.




Show 'em Who's Blossom on it's own. Love this dusty springy green. 
That's all for this year's Groundhog Day nails. I had fun doing these and watching the festivities. It sure is a silly silly tradition that is not serious and just is a good time.

Have a great Sunday and I'll talk to you soon. I leave you with my dear sweet cutie patootie Miss Betty, my heart, my love. She's so cute, I can't handle it :) :) I mean, just look at her!!!!
Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment