Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Black Cat Love!!!!


Happy Black Cat Appreciation Day!!!!


Hello my friends!  Today is a very special day, it's my favorite holiday of the year.  It's Black Cat Appreciation Day, yay!!  Black cat app. day started as an online social media event on Facebook  in August 2011 to bring awareness to the world about the joy of living with a black cat, to dispel myths about black cats and to help black cats across the globe get out of shelters alive and into good and loving homes. I remember being a part of that Facebook event many years ago and have celebrated it every year since and it's become my favorite day of the year now for sure with my special love for black cats.  

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved cats, but, always found myself drawn to the solid black ones the most.  The solid blacks I've had in my life as an adult have been Fred, Barney and Bam Bam. They have all gone to Rainbow Bridge and are waiting for Mom there.  I miss them every day, they were really good cats.  The current black beauties I have in my life are Miss Betty, Pebbles and Dino.  My black cats have been and are just the best. I love them so much.  Notice my Flintstone name theme I have for my black cats :)  The next male black that comes into my life will be Mr. Slate and the next girl will be Wilma :) And, the names that have been for all my black kitties has so fit them each purrfectly :) 

As I've always loved black cats, I've never understood the silly superstition of them being bad luck and evil and all that other nonsense you will hear about them.  I think they are the best kitties ever and will always have a solid black cat or 3 or 80 in my life, lol :)  My dream in life would be to start a no kill black cat rescue/sanctuary.  I'd love to be surrounded by and taking care of many blacks cats every day, so, maybe one day Casey will win that lottery and I could finally do that :) 

So, if you are a cat person and/or maybe someone that's been thinking of adopting a kitty of your own, please consider adding a solid black cat to your life.  Black cats rock and I love them so much :) 
Please always adopt and please spay and neuter too :) 
Here's some fun and true reasons to adopt a black cat :) I love this list, it's cute :)

And, now, onto the for the love of black cats, yay :) My base is Orly "Gumdrop" and the glitter is an unknown beauty supply glitter.  I used some cat decals and then put China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the decaled nails. These were easy to do with using decals and I love these, they are so cute, so fun and so full of black cat LOVE :) I love them!




Posing my black cat nails with Miss Betty who was on the couch beside me all night last night.  I heart this little one so so so much!
Gumdrop by itself, it's pretty.  I've had this one for quite a few years now. 
Here's a fun pic of a black cat "doing" it's nails, I love this, it's been going around the interwebs for a long ass time now and it just never gets old, at least for me :) 

Here's a sexy guy with a black cat.  You may or you may not know who Norman Reedus is, he's Daryl "Yummy" Dixon on Walking Dead, was in  Boondock Saints (love those movies) and tons of other stuff and he's damn hot too, I definitely "fan girl" for him, lol.  He has a black cat that he rescued from the streets of New York City for his son and loves his cat, it's named Eyes In The Dark and he's such a handsome boy, look at him, hot guy and handsome cat, I'll take it :)

Then, there's my very own sexy guy in real life with a black cat and dressed as a black cat for a party we went to last year.  Here is Casey with Princess Pebbles.  I love this picture so much :)

 Here's Miss Betty and Mommy being a black cat too the night of the party :) She's so thrilled to be in this as you can see :)

Here's Fred, Barney and Bam Bam.  Fred and Barney were brothers, Barney was my heart, Fred was a cool quirky cat and Bam Bam was just straight up a cool cat.  I miss them.

Fred and Barney
Bammy 


Here is the current crew of blacks, Miss Betty, Dino and Pebbles.  I LOVE black cats so much, they rock!!!!

Betty and Dino 
Pebbles being so dang cute!
So, if you have a black cat in your life make sure to give even more love today and hug a black cat today.  I know I sure will with all three of mine :)

Have a great day! I'll talk to you soon and Happy Black Cat Day!

Pebbles, Dino & Betty.  I love this picture so much of the three of them.  It makes my heart happy :) 
Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment