Monday, August 8, 2016

Summertime Strawberries

Happy Monday Love Bugs,

Hope you are all having a nice Monday.  Mine was okay, uneventful and not too shabby for a Monday, yay :)  Haven't posted in a couple of weeks.  I've been pretty busy and the last two weekends we weren't home.  Two weekends ago Casey and I went to my Dad's camp, or the bus, in Potter County, PA and we had a nice time, didn't have to go anywhere that weekend like we did on July 4th weekend, so, we got some maintenance and organizing done to the bus while we were there.  I was still feeling sad at times, but, I also really enjoyed our time at the bus and that's what Dad wanted us to do, enjoy the bus and we did.  I know my Dad would be happy that we are using it and enjoying it since he was so proud of it. Then this weekend, we went to our friends, Amy and Jim's, for a camping weekend in their backyard with camp mates from our Burning Man regional camp and it was really nice to see our camp mates.  I miss them when we don't see them.  They are all really good people.  It was a fun weekend, but, boy, are Casey and I looking forward to a weekend home this coming weekend since the last two were busy, but, so worth it :)

Tonight for you I have my first attempt ever at some strawberry nails that I did a couple of weeks ago.  I've been doing pretty good with my Summer nail art this year and have several more in mind to do and some pineapples I did after the strawberries to post.  I'll try to get that post up in the next day or so or maybe even later on tonight to get my blog a bit caught up.  We shall see where my motivation takes me after I get this post done, LOL :) Anyways, onto me nails :)


I started with a base here of China Glaze "Hey Sailor" which is the BEST juicy looking red polish I think I may own to have done these nails with, such a perfect red base for the berries.  I then used a nail art brush and Chine Glaze "Def Defying", OPI "Jade Is The New Black" and Revlon Perfumerie "Chocolate Truffle" to paint the berries.  I put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the berry nails.  I did the glitter on my pointer nail with Wet 'n Wild "Rocking Rubies" and a Kleancolor green glitter (unsure of name since label is off the bottle).  Then I put a coat of a Melly Mix I made on my pinky and thumb nails and was done.  I really dig the way these came out and they make me hungry for some sweet and juicy strawberries now, lol.  Hope you like them too :)

 
 
 
 
 
Hey Sailor by itself.  This was the perfect red for these nails.  This polish is so juicy looking, perfect :)
There you have my juicy strawberry nails.  These were fun to do and to wear, yay!  I leave you with Mr. Kitty and Dino now.  Talk soon :) 

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment