Saturday, August 13, 2016

Whimsical Caturday Cats

Happy Caturday loves,

How are you on this fine Caturday?  Good I hope :) I am good, but, so hot.  We are in the middle of a seriously severe heat wave and it's brutal out there and no end in sight for many days yet, gah.  The temps are feeling like 105 or so with the heat index, ugh.  We have two air conditioners going in the apartment, but, they are both having a hard time keeping it cool since it's so miserable outside.  I normally love Summer weather, but, this year has been so hot and muggy that I am more than ready this year for pumpkin spice ALL the things season to kick in.  I'm ready to be wearing hoodies and jammy pants or jeans now with this madness, but, I still don't want Winter, lol :)

I was really looking forward to this weekend too since it's the first in the last three that we haven't gone anywhere, we were up camping at the bus two weekends ago and last weekend we were at our backyard camping event with our Burning Man regional event camp at our friends so, Casey and I were both looking forward to a weekend of just being home and it's been nice.  I've been doing some cleaning and straightening up stuff all day today and watching a mini Better Call Saul marathon and now watching the 4th Sharknado movie.  Casey and I love these silly movies more than we should and have decided that they need to come to live in our movie collection in the form of DVD's soon, LOL.  It's so goofy, but, so goofy good cheesy and Ian Ziering is in it and that makes me happy since I was/am a total Beverly Hills 90210 junkie and he was in it the the series the entire time it ran as Steve Sanders and who didn't love Steve Sanders :)

Today I have some kitty nails for you for my Crazy Cat Lady Caturday nail series.  Hope you enjoy them :)

For these, I started with a base here of Funky Fingers "Mellow Mood" which is a thermal color changing polish that changes color in warm and cool and it was so, so cool.  I loved seeing my nails go two different shades when I had this on.  I did get three other thermal polishes too when I got this and this was the first one I ever used and I loved it so much and can't wait to use the others I got.  It was cool!!! I got these thermal polishes at Five Below store. Then I painted OPI "Alpine Snow", OPI "Suzi Shops & Island Hops" and OPI "Kiss Me On My Tulips" onto a makeup wedge sponge and sponged those colors onto the stamped nails. A little tip for the makeup wedges, wet them first before you put the polish on, it works way better that way.  Then I stamped using Konad Black and Messy Mansion plate MM50 and Bundle Monster plate BM-S162, then a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the stamped nails.  The glitter is Funky Fingers "The Notebook".  I then put a coat of a "Melly Mix" on the other two nails to finish. I liked these nails, they were very whimsical cats for sure.






Here's my sponged nails prior to stamping them.  They are really pretty looking I think :) 




Mellow Mood by itself, it goes to both the shades here with the temps.  You can see the shade is different on my thumb nail from the rest.  
That's it for today.  I think that I am going to do my nails tonight.  Going to do some splatter nails and maybe some stamping or I may just wait till tomorrow morning when I get up since it's so dang hot right now.  Stay cool wherever you are, drink PLENTY of water and stay safe in this heat we are having.  I leave with pretty Prince Pebbles.  She's such a diva kitty :)  Talk to you soon my loves :)

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment