Monday, April 17, 2017

It's An Easter Egg Hunt & Jelly Beans!

Happy Monday Love Bugs,

Hello and I hope you are well and had a good Easter if you celebrate. Casey and I went up to the bus in Potter County, PA camping this weekend to check on things since no one had been there since last Fall.  The bus is a 1939 Rio school bus that was converted to a camp many many years ago and was my Dad's huntin' camp. I used to go up with him in the Summer and it's always been and always will be some of my fondest memories with him.  My brother owns the land and the bus now and Casey and I go up to help him keep it maintained and do work up there since my brother can't go up as much as we can.  The last week my Dad was alive I promised him that I would go to the bus and keep his Potter County and bus pride going for him.  It's so gorgeous up there and when I am there it's the place where I feel really close to Dad and I know he's there.  He loved that bus and Potter County and I do too!  There's a few pics after my nails of up there this past weekend.

Mom was a bit upset that we decided to go up there instead of church but Casey rarely has 3 day weekends and he got some fishing in all day on Saturday and we both just needed a couple days away to be honest.  I am going to a church dinner with her this Saturday so that should make up for not going to Easter church and it will make her happy too.

Today I have the last of the Easter nails I did for this year.  I love the egg hunt ones the most and am so tickled and happy with the way they came out.  I love them :)  Hope you do too :)

My base was Essie "Udon Know Me". Then I painted the eggs, grass and baskets with nail art brushes and different polishes I was too lazy to write down.  I then put a coat of Starlight Polish "Companion Fairy" on top of those.  I put Funky Fingers "Broken Sea Glass" on my pinky and thumb nails to finish this mani.





Udon Know Me, I freaking love this shade.  I think this was from their Winter collection out last Fall.  It's such a pretty blue. 
Then, my base here was China Glaze "Lemon Fizz".  I used nail art brushes and different polishes I didn't write down to draw the jelly beans, then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top.  The glitter on my middle nails is just a couple different polishes I mixed together to create a white glittery "Melly Mix".  I put one coat of BaronessX "Citrino" on my thumb and pinky nails to finish. I think these came out cute too :)




Lemon Fizz on it's own.  I've had this one for a long time too and it's a good pastel yellow to have.  This was actually one of the first yellows I ever owned. 
Here's some pic from our weekend.  Enjoy :)

A waterfall we stopped to check out on the way up.  Isn't this just so pretty!!!


The moon at dawn on Sunday morning when I got up.


The sun coming up over the mountains.  It's just so pretty up there.  I love everything about it.



A couple pics of the bus.  Next trip up she gets a fresh paint coat put on.  Dad kept up with painting it pretty regularly and the bus is definitely due for some new paint.


Isn't the bus so awesome.  If you want to see other pics of the bus inside and during the Summer check out my "Potter Co." tag here on my blog.  The inside is freaking awesome and so much is so old and vintage.  I love everything about it :)

Feel good for today is:

"Breathe in courage and exhale fear."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!!!!

That's it for today.  It's Monday and Better Call Saul night so I am just chilling the rest of the night.

Have a great rest of the day.  I leave you with my girls, Princess Pebbles and Miss Betty snuggling with Mommy one day.  I love these cats so much, they are the best and I truly could not imagine life without my fur kids in it :)


Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment