Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Talk Like a Pirate.......Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day, Mateys!!!!

Ahoy mateys, today is the official holiday of pirate talk! Here's  a brief history of what this day is that I copy/pasted from a site I found:

"One day in 1995, two Oregon natives faced off in a particularly boisterous game of racquetball. For reasons that neither John Baur nor Mark Summers can precisely recall, they began trading insults and encouragements in the lingo, tone and syntax of stereotypical pirates. “Arrr!” one exclaimed. “That be a fine cannonade!” the other hollered. Lapsing into swashbuckler slang proved so addictive that the two friends decided a new holiday should be devoted to the activity.

For the next seven years, the men celebrated Talk Like a Pirate Day as something of an inside joke, choosing the birthday of Summers’ ex-wife as the obvious date for its observance. But in 2002, they shared their idea with the syndicated humor writer David Barry, who promoted it in a tongue-in-cheek column that described Baur and Summers as “visionary individuals.” The holiday went viral, and now landlubbers across the globe spend September 19 shouting “Ahoy!” to their mateys, pouring noggins of rum and denouncing lily-livered scallywags."
f
For even more about this super fun holiday, you can visit this site:  http://talklikeapirate.com/wordpress/sample-page/

I've always been a fan of pirate stuff, whether it was movies, books, themes for parties, etc., so, I was pretty excited when this day actually became a thing.  It's fun to talk like pirates any day and now there's an "official" day to do it which makes it extra fun to do and to celebrate :)

So, in honor of today I present to ye' me pirate nails to enjoy.  I am so happy with how these turned out, they are so fun and so dang cute I think :)  Hope you like them too!

My base here was Orly "Frisky".  I used nail art brushes, dotting tools and a black striper to draw the pirates and the "arrr...". The polishes I used were Sinful Colors "Snow Me White", Loreal "Nude", Sinful Colors "Endless Blue" and China Glaze "Seas the Day".  The glitter on my pinky nails is Sally Hansen X-treme Wear "Fruit-la-la" and the glitter on my index nails is Hard Candy "Pop Star".




Frisky on it's own.  I've had this polish for a quite a long time now and it's a really pretty shade of blue.
And, there ye have me pirate nails.....arrrrrrrr.........  That's it fer today, now where's da' rum!!!!!

Have a great rest of the night and I'll talk to you soon!

I leave you with a picture of Mr. Kitty last Winter snuggled under the blankets when he was cold one day :) Isn't he so cute :)

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment