Monday, November 27, 2017

Holy Huntin' Holiday

Happy Monday!

Hello friends.  Hope today finds you well.  Today was a really hard day, first day back to work after afour days off and a Monday to boot!  It was rough, well, not really, lol.  I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving if you celebrate and had a good weekend.  My turkey day was really nice.  We went to Casey's parents house, then my sister came in for our weekly Walking Dead night.

Then Friday and the weekend I pretty much had lazy days since I had already gotten my cleaning all done on Wednesday night and Thursday morning and it was nice. I needed a few lazy movie days with the cats and Casey since the last few weekends had been pretty busy for me.

Today in Pennsylvania marks a pretty big day for deer hunters.  It's opening day of rifle season, or the Holy Huntin' Holiday (as I call it) and around here it is a HUGE day for mighty hunters.  I grew up in a big huntin' (note there never a "g" on the end of huntin') family and have many hunters in my life whether family or friends. My Dad was an avid hunter and he never missed opening day of deer.  My brother is also a big hunter as is my boyfriend, Casey.  I never hunted, never wanted to, but do respect and support responsible hunters that hunt for the meat to eat, that is what my family always did and Casey does as well.  I do like deer meat a lot, it tastes good and is actually better for you than beef is.

So, of course for today I have some deer season nails.  I first did some deer season nails in Fall of 2015, the last year my Dad was still alive, and have done deer season nails since.  The last two years I dedicated my nails to Dad and this year again they are dedicated to him.  Every year they will be dedicated to Dad and for the current hunters in my life.  So, without further ado, here are my opening day of deer season huntin' nails.  These were super simple this year.  I really do like the simpleness of them this year.

My base is China Glaze "Exotic Encounters".  I stamped using Born Pretty "BP-35", Winstonia "Hunter's Life" and Born Pretty "BP-L011" plates and China Glaze "Poetic".  I then used a nail brush and China Glaze "Delight" to accent the stamped nails.  The glitter is a no name one I got at a local beauty supply store.






Exotic Encounters on it's own.
There you have my Holy Huntin' Holiday nails for this year.  I like them, simple and cute I think.

Here's a picture of Casey with the first deer he ever shot.  This pic is on our refrigerator so I decided it would be fun to take a picture of it for my post today.

Have a great rest of the night.  I'll talk at you all soon.  I leave you with Miss Betty shutting her eyes one day cuz' she knows what that flash is all about by now, lol :)


Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment