Sunday, October 28, 2018

Farmer's Fair Farm Nails

Happy Dead Day Loves,

Hope your weekend is going well. Mine has been okay. It's been raining, yet again, ugh. We have had so much rain this past year it, it's been ridiculous. I'm so tired of gray, dreary and rainy days, oh well, such is life (and global warming, I suppose...).

Friday we went to our friend Mike's funeral. It was beyond sad. My heart is so broken for his wife, Tanya and their daughter, Kylee. It's so sad. Mike was only 39 and such a good guy, sigh. I guess it's true what they say, "only the good die young". His life was cut way too short. I plan to be there as much as I can for Tanya and Kylee. They are such good people and it's just not fair.

After the funeral my mom and sister went to visit my brother and that was really nice. I hadn't seen my brother and sis-in-law in a while, so that was really nice. My brother is currently laid up from elbow surgery so he appreciated the visit too. I love my brother and his wife Sue so much. They are awesome!

Last Saturday Casey and I went with his family to a little local Farmer's Fair and parade. It was nice until it started getting cold, raining, windy and then hailing about 3/4's of the way into the parade and then Casey and I left. I'm to the point with all the rain we've had that I don't even want to be in the rain and getting wet so we left. I was so cold and wet by the time we got to our car to come home, ugh.  But it was still really fun and I enjoy going every year with Casey's family who are such wonderful people too :)

So, of course for the event I did some farm themed nails. I think these came out super awesome. I LOVE the little barns :) Hope you like them too :)

The yellow base is China Glaze "Happy Go Lucky" and the green is Sally Hansen X-treme Wear "Green Thumb". I sponged some "Green Thumb" on the yellow to stamp on. I stamped using a pumpkin nail polish from Rite Aid called "Fanatastic" with Creative Shop 90 plate. The glitter is China Glaze "Something's Brewing" and on my thumb and pinkies I put a coat of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength "Twist of Lime" to finish.


Happy Go Lucky and Green Thumb on their own. These were perfect for farm nails I think :) 
Have a great rest of the weekend. Talk soon. I leave you with today Dino and Miss Betty being lazy as cats are so good at :)


Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment