Sunday, August 16, 2020

Summer Sunglasses & Flip Flops/Updated Stash and Set Up

Happy Sunday Loves, 

Hello my friends. I hope today finds you well. I am okay, have a bit of a sore throat right now and my hips are bothering me but other than that I am good. Friday night we heard a crash and turns out the plaster ceiling gave way and came down in about half of our kitchen bringing the ceiling tiles down too. It was terrbile, so dusty and so much to clean up, ugh. We live in a really old home, it's around 100 years old and Casey thinks that the humidity may have caused some of the plaster cracking to happen. It's getting fixed this week. Think my sore throat may be because of all the dust that was stirred up and lingering. The kitchen is nice and clean now until it gets all dusty again when the ceiling is replaced. Oh well, such is life. 

In other news I finally got a desk!! I had been wanting one for quite a while now and decided I was going to just get one so that I can have a dedicated area for nails and a place to do them instead of on my couch and using the coffee table as my work station. This morning was the first time I did my nails at it and it was great having this area to do my nails. I have some pics at the end of this post of my new area and updated stash/set up. 

Today's nails are some summer sunglasses and flip flops. Love the sunglasses. They remind me of the ones that everyone had back in the 1980's :) My flip flops didn't come out the best but oh well I still like them :) Hope you do too! 

My base is Essie "Talk to the Sand". I drew the glasses and flip flops with a nail art brush and the following polishes: Orly "Put the Top Down", Orly "It's Brittney, Beach", Orly "Melt Your Popsicle", Orly "Glowstick", China Glaze "Drink Up Witches" and Essie "Tangoed In Love". I put one coat of YC Shimmer Blast "Sweet Candy" on my pinkies and thumbs to finish. I think these are cute! 




Talk to the Sand on it's own, love, love these white pinks so much!

I think these turned out cute! Here is my new set up, so excited to have this area, yay :) 

The picture above my cabinet is my Mom's senior picture, that's my Dad back in the 1950's to the right of the polish rack in that black and white photo. The antlers were from a deer my Dad got and the hat was one of my Dad's. All the light jars I sponge painted and put battery operated Christmas lights in except for the one on the left with the white lights. Casey's Mom got that for me a few years ago. The rocks were all ones I painted and kept for myself instead of gifting or hiding. I love love love this set up so much! It makes me so happy! 


This is the top drawer of the desk. It has all my silicone mats, stampers, extra stamper heads, tape/tape refills and all my fluid art polishes.

This is the second drawer that is just towels, my Sharpies, marbling dishes (if I ever do that again, lol) and some paper for ideas or whatever. 
This is the back up drawer, has acetone, thinner, a bazillion clean up q-tips, orange sticks, cuticle trimmers, files, cut up felt for removing polish, paper plates, lint rollers (for use in stamping to remove polish if I don't use tape.
This is the shelf under my desk. On the shelf is all stamping plates and the box on the floor is polish I use for stamping and some actual stamping polish. 
Here are my super amazingly awesome lights. These were fun to make and I LOVE these! Can't wait to make more in the future :) 

This is the wall to the right of my desk with polish. 
This rack is by our couch. 
This is by our couch as well. My living room really is my polish room and I am so okay with that!!! 
There you have my updated stash and set up. Hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoy it :) 

Have a great rest of the weekend. I am just chilling with the kitties today and watching and some TV and reading. It's rainy out today so it's a good day to be lazy! 

Today's feel good is this:

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

This is a good one!

I leave you with Miss Betty after she had a good poop the other morning. She was so content and so happy. She's been pooping great lately. The medicine and food cjhanges are helping my little girl and that makes me so happy after her constipation issues she has had! 
Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment