Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Dab Brush Nails

Happy Tuesday!

Good evening my loves!  Holy moly, I'm posting two nights in a row, see, I said I'd do another post tonight and here I am with it, yay, blog goal accomplished, yay, this makes me happy  :) 


For these nails I used an old eyeliner or lip liner brush, not sure which it is and dabbed the polish onto my nails to create this look.  I really dig the way these turned out, they totally remind me of a swimming pool liner.  This was the first time I used a brush like this and will most definitely be doing more manis like this one for sure, it was pretty! 

I started with a base of Orly Bonder on all nails, then two coats of OPI "Keeping Suzi At Bay" on all nails.  I then used the first color I chose, Essie "Avenue Maintain" and dropped some polish on my plate, dipped the brush in the polish, then dabbed the polish onto my nails, I did each of my accent nails with the first color, then I repeated this with the next two colors which were Loreal "Royally Yours" and China Glaze "Bahamian Escape".  I then put one coat of Pure Ice "Hey Baby" on all nails, then finished with a coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat on all nails.  These were really easy to do and not a whole lot of cleanup needed when I was done. Here they are, check them out!  I love them and they make me want to go swimming now!
 
 


See what I mean about them looking like a pool liner.  I LOVE the way these came out, so cool looking!
 Here's the brush I used and my plate I put polish on for doing nail art.

                                                              Polishes Used:
Bonder, OPI "Keeping Suzi At Bay", China Glaze "Bahamian Escape", Essie "Avenue Maintain", Loreal "Royally Yours", Pure Ice "Hey Baby", Seche Vite Quick Dry
Keeping Suzi At Bay on it's own.  I just got this over the weekend when Sally Beauty had their extra 50% off of all marked down clearance stuff.  I passed on this when it came out in the San Francisco collection, but, for $2.25 I wasn't passing on it this time.  I love this blue and am happy it's in my collection now. 

That's it for tonight's installment of my brush art series.  I did do a new brush mani tonight that I'll try to post tomorrow night, but, am not promising since I am hanging out with my friend Casey tomorrow night, so, if not then, I'll post them Thursday night.  I am so happy that I am back to giving my blog the regular love it deserves again, yay :) 

Have a great rest of the night. Talk to you soon and I leave you with, what else, but, some kitties! 

Mr. Kitty and  Buster
Mr. Kitty and Betty
Polish & Purrs,

Melly 

No comments:

Post a Comment