Thursday, June 18, 2015

Distressed/Grunge/Dry Brush Nails

Happy Thursday Friends,

Holy Moly, I am doing a second post this week since my last post Monday night.  I actually have just one mani to show tonight instead of a spam post of several manis.  This is good, I am on my way back to more regular posts once again on my blog, yay :)  I also have tonight's nails that I did that I am shooting to post tomorrow night, yay! 

I said in my last post about my Dad having his colon cancer surgery Monday during the day and it went well, well, the docs think that they got all the cancer out of him.  That makes me so happy and relieved.  He'll still do chemo to make sure there's no floater cells still around but, this is a pretty positive outlook especially considering my Dad is 76.  Hopefully he can go home this weekend, depends on when he stops vomiting and when his bowels begin to work again.  I haven't seen him yet in the hospital.  I've been sick the last week and a half with a nasty head and chest cold that I am pretty sure has turned into bronchitis now, grrrrrrr....so, antibiotics it is.  My sister is also out of commission currently since she fell a couple weeks ago in the barn and messed up her knee, so, now it's Mom feeding and taking care of my horse and my sister's horse while Tina recovers.  I've been trying to go help some days and will be helping more days next week, so, life is busy right now, but, still good, really good!

The nails I have today are called distressed, grunge or dry brush, it's pretty much the same technique, just different names for this technique.  For these nails I did a base of Orly "Thrill Seeker" from their current summer collection.  I love this crazy bright highlighter green polish.  It's super bright outside.  I love it, it's awesome, you should go get it now if you like bright polishes.  Anywhoze, I did my standard base of Orly Bonder, then two coats of "Thrill Seeker" on all nails. I then used China Glaze "Sun Worshiper", China Glaze "DJ Blue My Mind" and China Glaze "Shocking Pink" for my accent nails brushed on. To do this, I put a dab of my first color on a paper plate, then dipped my brush in the polish, then tapped most of the polish off on the plate, then lightly brushed that on each accent nail. You want very little polish on the brush so you can create this look.  I then did the same thing with the next two colors on all my accents.  I did clean my brush with acetone between polish colors. I then painted a coat of an unknown green sparkle on top of all nails, then finished all my nails off with one coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry and I was done.  

I love the way these turned out and the colors look really pretty together I think.  I really enjoyed these nails, they were fun to wear and to look at, that green, I LOVE it :)  
 
 
 
 
 
Here is Thrill Seeker on it's own, isn't this an amazing bright green? I think so :) 
Here is the brush I used to do the dry brushing on and my plate that I put polish on when I do nail art.  Seeing all the colors on this plate make me happy!

                                                             Polishes Used: 
Orly Bonder, Orly "Thrill Seeker", China Glaze "DJ Blue My Mind", China Glaze "Sun Worshiper", China Glaze "Shocking Pink", unknown green sparkle, Seche Vite Quick Dry
Have a great rest of Friday Eve, tomorrow is Friday, yay!  I'll talk to you tomorrow when I post my next brush nail art with the brush swirl nails I did tonight. The next few manis I have in mind are all going to be done with brushes, so, I'll call this my brush art series :)

I leave you with Mr. Kitty.  This cat has so much personality and loves everyone.  When friends come over EVERYONE is there to see Mr. Kitty and Mr. Kitty only, it's cute, he's cute, my Mr. Kitty :) 
 

Polish & Purrs,

Melly 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment