Friday, July 3, 2015

Nails & Dusty Bucks (my horse)


Happy Friday Friends,

It's Friday, yay!  I had off of work today for the July 4th holiday and went to my parent's with my nephew, Jared, and we had a horse day out there.  We saddled up my horse, Dusty Bucks, and rode him.  So much fun we had.  That was the first time I have ridden since 2011 and the first time Jared rode in around 9 or so years.  Dusty was so happy that we rode him.  He's such a good horse.  He used to be a show horse and has now been retired for many years and has become the family horse.  He's a really good horse, loves attention and is just an all around fun horse.  My hips and back are hurting pretty bad now from riding, but, it was so worth it.  It felt SO GOOD to be back in a Saddle Seat (my style of riding) saddle and on a nice horse.  We plan to ride more this year.  Jared and I always did the horse thing together and I really enjoyed Jared and my time at the barn today.  It was nice.  We also had a small deer fawn come into the pasture when I was riding, that was pretty cool and fawns are so cute.

I only have to go out now and feed at night and clean stalls after work.  Mom has been cleared to do steps so I'll go out after work to feed and clean stalls until my sister is back on her feet after hurting her knee.  I am really enjoying getting to see my horse every day.  I think Dusty is enjoying it too :) 

Today I have two glitter manis I did this week.  The first one I used a base of OPI "Mod About You" with accent nails of Exotic Laquers "De Janeiro" and a Melly Mix on top of the rest.  Melly Mixes are different glitter, shimmer or sparkle top coats that I made mixing different polishes together to get the combos or fun top coats I want. The second mani I used a base of Essie "Play Date" as my base with Dollish Polish "May I Admire You Again Today?" on my accents and another Melly Mix on the rest.  I used a base of Orly Bonder and my Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat on both manis.  Here you go.

 
 
 
 
                                                               
                                                                      Polishes Used
Orly Bonder, OPI "Mod About You", Exotic Laquers "De Janeiro", Melly Mix, Seche Vite Quick Dry
Mod About You on it's own
Mani Two
 




                                                            Polishes Used
Bonder, Essie "Play Date", Dollish Polish "May I Admire You Again Today?", Melly Mix, Seche Vite Quick Dry
Play Date on it's own
That's it for my nails from this past week.  I did do some 4th of July nails today that I will post tomorrow morning.  I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday.  Casey and I are going to Potter County, PA for the day tomorrow for flea marketing and fireworks, then coming home Sunday.  I am looking forward to it, it's going to be a nice day and the weather is supposed to be really nice too. 

I leave you with pics of Dusty Bucks, Jared and myself and one of the cute little fawn that came to visit us too.  Talk to you all soon.
 
Dusty Bucks and me
Dusty and Jared
Dusty, he's such a good boy and really pretty too
The fawn that came to visit us ;)
Polish & Nickers, 

Melly 



No comments:

Post a Comment