Sunday, October 18, 2015

Walking Dead Nails

Happy Dead Day, Yay!!

It's Walking Dead day, yay!  Last Sunday the Season 6 Premiere was on, but, I didn't get to watch then since I was at our Burning Man regional event.  I hate missing it, but, oh well, I dvr'd it and Casey and I watched it on Monday when we got home.  It was so good.  I can't wait until tonight's episode, I can't wait.  These nails I did before we left for PDF, our regional event, so these nails were both my PDF and TWD premiere nails. 

A few weeks back on a nail blog I read, she had shown some nail stamping using a stamping plate from a company called Uberchic that sells nail stampers and nail stamping plates.  This plate is called "Zombie Love" and it's limited edition and it's all zombie related, but, even better is there are some Walking Dead images on this plate too.  Stamping plates are metal plates that have images etched into them that you paint polish onto, then scrape the excess polish off, then you use the stamper to pick the image up, then transfer it to the nail.  I have only ever stamped a couple of times, but, since I got this plate, I am so about getting some more (I have a huntin' themed one that I plan to use for Openin' Day of Deer or the Holy Huntin' Holiday in late November).  I used a base of Orly "Harmonius Mess", then stamped using Sally Hansen Extreme "Black Out" to stamp Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon (squeee..), the zombie and the Don't Open Dead Inside, then I put a coat of Sally Hansen Extreme "Shake Shake" on all nails and was done.  I love these so much and can't wait to play around with this plate some more, yay.



Here is the plate I used.  Look at the Rick Grimes, Daryl and Abraham images.  I love them and it also has Look at the flowers on it, I squealed a bit when I saw that and you can even stamp Walking Dead on your nails too.  I love this plate so much, yay, damn walkers :)  Now, there needs to be one done for Breaking Bad and the original 90210, LOL, two of my other all time favorite TV series :)
I do love how these came out.  I did stamp on the other hand but, they didn't come out the best.  I need a better stamper and some better stamping polish too for my future stamping.

Well, that's it for now.  I'll post my Candy Corn-icure later on today or tomorrow.  I have been getting so much done around home today and got stuff off of my to do list and that is awesome and now I want to do some more stuff, then later on get ready to chill on the couch and watch Walking Dead and then Talking Dead too.  So happy to have my WD and TD back on Sunday nights yay.  I now start my weekend with Z Nation on SciFi channel Friday nights, then WD to end my weekend on Sunday nights, yay for zombies......ahhggggaaaahhhhhh...aaaaaa.........

Here's Casey, Mr, Kitty and Miss Betty cat napping one day.  They are so cute, I love it and I love Casey too. 


Talk to you soon, meow!!!!

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment