Thursday, August 31, 2017

Potter County & The Dam Show

Happy Thursday My Loves,

Hello, I hope you are doing well and that your week is going good!!  Mine is okay.  Last weekend Casey, myself and our friend, Amy, went camping in Potter County, PA to chill out at the bus (a 1939 school bus converted to a camper), my families camp, and go to a music festival that was held at the old Austin Dam ruins up there.  Back in 1911 the dam gave way and 78 people lost their lives in this tragedy.  The site is now a memorial park, a really pretty place that you can visit and camp at.  The festival we went to was classic rock cover and tribute bands and was so much fun.  It was good music with really good vibes and we met some really cool peeps on Saturday at the show.  I'm already looking forward to next year's event and since this was the first one we went to I know what to expect now for next year and just can't wait :)

You can learn about the dam and it's history here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Dam
I had posted about the dam last year in this blog post after one of our camping trip when we went to visit the dam, you can find that post here: http://musingswithmelly.blogspot.com/2016/11/potter-county-bus.html

So, of course for the music festival I did some festive nails for it.  I love, love, love how these came out, was really happy with them :)

For these, I did a base of Essie "Blue-La-La".  I used a few polishes I didn't bother to note and nail art brushes to draw the words, dam ruins and grass.  I put a coat of BaronessX "Esmeralda" on my thumb and pinky nails.








Blue-La-La on it's own, this one is a really pretty blue, I like it! 
Here's some pics from the Dam Show, the bus at camp and Lyman Lake up in there also that we went to visit when we left on Sunday. Hope you enjoy the pictures :)

Casey and me at the Dam Show
My new friend, Steph, I met at the show. She was awesome :) 
Random pics from the show





Casey getting ready to paint the top of the bus. 
The bus
Casey & me by the bus :)  Dad's had that sticker on the bus for who knows how long that I love, it says, "Vegetarian, an old Indian word for poor hunter." and the peace sign vine art I was gifted at the Dam Show.  I LOVE these two things together :) 


Lyman Lake 

Add caption
It's gorgeous up there in Potter County, PA, "God's Country" (is the county slogan).  I love being up there, it's the place I really feel closest to my Dad since he died as the camp was his camp and he had so much Potter County pride and really, what's cooler than a 1939 school bus converted to a camp? Not much :)  We saw lots of deer, a gray fox and a porcupine this past weekend. We also had a bear come into camp and tear our trash bags apart.  The bear gave Amy a big scare since she sleeps in her vehicle when she comes up with us but also kinda funny after the fact :)  Can't wait till the next trip up to the bus in October, yay!  I love it up there!!!!!

That's all for today folks, have a great rest of the night and I'll talk to you soon :)

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment