Saturday, July 25, 2020

Fluid Art, My First One

Happy Caturday My Loves, 

I hope you are well and that life is treating you good. Mine is okay but my mom and sister had a very disheartening accident happen to their parked cars overnight Thursday night, long story short, a drunk driver hit their parked cars and my sister's car is definitely totalled but we are not sure about mom's yet as my sister's car was pushed into mom's car. It was crazy, the girl actually hit and ran, stopped at a neighbor's house about 3/4 mile away, told them her car broke down, they saw she hit something, asked her what she hit, she said nothing. They called cops since she was clearly under the influence then went driving to figure out what she hit and found my mom and sister's cars wrecked so let them know and gave them the trooper's information. We are still waiting to see if she had insurance, not sure when we will find that out. The girl is in jail and thank goodness those two neighbors were good guys and went looking for what she hit. It was a very nerve wracking day yesterday. But, at least they were not in the cars when it happened and the cars being there is what kept this girl from wrecking into the side of the house where my mom's bedroom is. So for that at least we can be thankful. 

So, I've been wanting to try my hand at fluid nail art for a while now. I think fluid painting is so pretty and such a neat thing to watch the cells form once you add and mix the fluid medium into the paint. I had read about nail girls making their own clear fluid polish by adding silicone hair serum to plain clear polish and getting great results so I made my own last week and then watched tons of You Tube videos on doing it and making the decals and practicing like crazy. I had many failed attempts then Tuesday evening I had my first successful ones and decided this weekend it would be on my nails. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear clear polish and Garnier Fructis Anit-Frizz Serum. I poured out about 15% of the polish then added one pump of the hair serum, shook it up really well and let it sit for around 24 hours since that what had been advised on the tutorials I had watched. It worked great! I have owned the Dance Legend Spotted polishes in black and white for a couple of years now but have not used that yet. I will now though now that I know how to do it pretty well on the silicone mats. 

I made my decals by dropping the polish in drops on the silicone then folding the mat over twice to get the cells to form. I then let them dry for a few hours before I put them on my nails. You can watch video tutorials on how to do them all over You Tube, search fluid nail art tutorial. I took a silicone baking mat from Dollar General and cut it up to make small squares to make my decals on and to make folding the mats easier in the smaller sizes. I do really need to practice applying the decals to my nails, there is definitely a learning curve to those and to making the fluid art. I am so pleased with how these came out and will definitely be doing these again and again. I LOVE this even though it is a bit of work and time to do. It's worth it. So pleased with how these came out on my nails, yay :) Hope you like them too! 

My base is Orly "Lips Like Sugar". I then did the fluid art decals using my DIY fluid polish, Orly "Wild Wisteria", OPI "Amazon...Amazonoff" and an Avon Gel unknown name since the label is off this bottle. On my pinkies and index nail is a coat of Color Club "On the Bright Side".




              Lips Like Sugar on it's own. This is a pretty color and great for summer I think :) 

Here are all the decals I had made this morning and ended up using only six of them. I sucked at getting cells on few of them as you can see but the majority came out pretty good! You can see the mat that I cut up in pieces in this picture. This works great from making these decals. I did find the thinner the creme polish was the better it worked. 

Here are a bunch of practice runs I did when I actually started to get the cells to form. I love some of these. 







That's it for the nails. Hope you enjoyed my first run of fluid nails. I know I sure did :) 

Here's my sister's car pushed into mom's, it's crazy, isn't it!!! My sister does currently have a loaner car and will be getting another car this week. We will find out early in the week if mom's was totalled or not. 
That's it for today. Casey and I are about to join a virtual Zoom baby shower for some friends. I am excited. Have a great rest of the weekend, talk soon. My next nail challenge is going to be reverse stamping so keep an eye out for that soon! 

I leave you with Princess Pebbles looking cute as can be in her strange lying positions. She's funny! 
Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment