Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Horse Show 2021 Nails Compilation

Happy Wednesday my loves, 

Today I have a compilation post of the different horse themed nails I have done this year for some of the horse shows I volunteered at. When I was a kid and thru my 20's - early 30's I showed horses and this was one show grounds/show association that I showed at many many many times over the years. It is one that holds so many good memories and great times for me. So, this year I felt it was time for me to give back by volunteering since so many people did it back when I was showing horses. I man the one show ring's gate and help out in the show office. It is a lot of fun for me. I had not been to any shows for quite a few years then last Fall I decided to go to one when my boss told me his nieces were showing there. I ran into old horse friends and made some new ones that day. One friend asked me to help him out at the end of year show and I did. After that told them I would volunteer this year and I did at every single show that was held. It was so much fun for me and so nice to see old friends and make new ones. 

This past Monday night I attended the membership meeting where I was nominated for and accepted an open position on the board for the show association for the next two years. I look forward to serving on the board and to next year's show season.  

Onto all the nails. I did not do horse nails for each show as some of the dates did overlap with other important nail dates/themes. I did enjoy all of these and it was fun doing so many different horse nails this past year. I do still have to do some horse nails in memory of my horse, Dusty Bucks, who we sadly lost to old age on August 4th but I am not ready to do that just yet, sniffle. 

Now the nails: 

My bases here are Cirque Colors "Flamingo" (thumb, middle & pinkies) and Rogue Lacquer "Mad Tea Party" (index & ring). I stamped using Creative Shop 2S and 23 plates with Maniology and Clear Jelly Stamper polishes. 



Here my bases are POP Polish "Cold Shoulder" (ring & middle) and Cuticula "Fin-Fetti Cake" (thumb, index & pinkies). I sponged on Fancy Gloss "Caribbean Green" on the nails to stamp to create the grass. I stamped using Fig Tree Plate FT02 with Maniology "Bam White", "Annato Clay" and "Straight Up Black" stamping polishes.


My bases on this is is ILNP "Save the Date" (ring & middle) and Polished For Days "Orchid Glow" (thumb, index & pinkie). I stamped using Creative Shop 180-Ukraine plate and all Maniology stamping polishes for the images.



The bases on this one is Dam Polish "Gotcha Green" (thumb, index & pinkies) and P.O.P. Polish "Slush Fund" (middle & ring). I stamped with Clear Jelly Stamper "Horsin' Around" plate and Hit the Bottle "Shadows of Darkness" polish.



That's it for the horse nails I did this year for the shows. It was fun doing so many horse themed nails. I'll be ready to do more next year when the shows start up again! 

Here are some pictures from some of the shows I took :)












Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment