Sunday, October 5, 2014

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope a good weekend was had by all.  I had a good weekend, got a lot done for PDF, our arts event we leave for this weekend, painted my nails, got more stuff ready for PDF, hung out with the kitties, My hubby, Matt and I got to hang out today, relax, we are both getting thru this icky zombie plague and tonight we are hanging out, cuddling and watching the last night of the Breaking Bad Binge, so, now it's time to bring on the Walking Dead, yay, I can't wait, I heart TWD :)



Today I did my nails today with a base of Orly Bonder (a rubberized adhesive polish that helps the polish to better adhere to the nail and not chip as fast, I love it) followed by two coats of OPI Vant to Bite My Neck?.  I next painted three lines of polish onto a paper plate and picked up the polish with teeny tiny little makeup sponges that I cut up to use for nail art. You put the polish on the plate, then push the sponge down on top of the polish, then sponge onto accent (1 or 2 nails painted different than the rest) or all your nails.  I only ever do my ring fingers and thumbs as my accents. Repeat these steps for all nails. 

The three colors I used for the sponging were all China Glaze, "Pool Party", "Sun Worshiper" and "Too Yacht To Handle".  I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on all the accents.  I put Color Club "Concrete Jungle" on all the rest.  Concrete Jungle is a glitter topper, my bottle was very thick, so I did have to put thinner in and it could have used even more thinner.  Use thinner to thin thick polish, NEVER use acetone, despite what you may have heard in the past, it can break polish down into an ugly unusable mess. I use Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner, buy it at Sally Beauty Supply. Orly makes one as well.  I finished this up with NYC "In a New York Minute" quick dry topcoat.  This was my first time using this two dollar top coat, I had heard good things about it and I agree, it dries quickly and is very shiny, a good thing, shiny. I forgot to take pics of the sponges and plate, will do that and follow up in my next sponge art post, what can I say, I am a BLOND!!!

Here's another picture of my nails, I do like this sponged gradient look, this was the first time I tried this, I like it :) 

Sponge art nails

 Kitty Today brings you Billy, he's a good boy. I took these thru the kitchen window.






Have a fantabulous rest of the night my friends and I shall talk you all soon.


Bubbles & Glitter,

Smelly




No comments:

Post a Comment