Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Nail of the Day (NOTD), Valerie's Poor Gal Get More Life Out Your Gel Mani & Cats!

Happy Caturday to all my friends.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Today I went to work to make some time up from being sick and have been packing like a madwomen for Playa del Fuego, our Burning Man regional event we go to twice a year, this upcoming burn is quite exciting as it's my 10 Year Burniversary, ten years ago I participated in my first ever burn event and it changed my life, more on all of that in a later post.

Today I have a simple creme with shimmer and glitter on accent nails.  The creme base I used for this mani is China Glaze Bottoms Up from the Sunsationals 2013 Neons topped with Color Club Bright Nights, Big City from their Made In New York Collection with Orly Explosion of Fun from their 2014 Holiday Sparkle Collection.


 With flash inside.


                                                     No flash inside.


Orly Explosion of Fun

















Valerie's Extend a Gel Mani:

Valerie, my best bud in the world, came over to get more life out of her gel mani that really needed filled, she took polish and painted over the gel polish, then took a striper and filled in the cuticle growth space, then finished with some nail art done with a striper  The blue Valerie used is China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond from The Giver Collection.  This is a cheap, easy and quick way to extend a gel mani between fills. Valerie's nails look pretty. 

Valerie's before nails





After nails.

Simple, fast, easy and pretty nails.




After Valerie did this to her nails, another one of my besties, Michelle, came over and did the same with her gel nails.  Below are Michelle's nails, didn't get a before pic, however, they were comparable to Valerie's before.  I think this is such a great idea to save some fundage and get more life out of those that have the gel manicures.

Michelle's Nails


Michelle's Nails


And of course, no Caturday post would be complete without a kitty, so, here's a picture of our Princess Pebbles to make you smile, I love her, she's a good cat.

Pebbles helping to pack for Playa del Fuego (PDF)

It's getting late now and I am getting Old Fogie tired, everyone have a great rest of weekend.  See you next time.

Bubbles & Glitter, 

Smelly 




No comments:

Post a Comment