Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sponged Nails and Kitties

Hello friends, 

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days, I'm having a really difficult time with losing two fur kids so close to each other, it's very hard to say goodbye to another one after you said goodbye to one about 6 weeks prior.  A part of you goes with each and every one that's gone to the Bridge to wait for Momma Melly to rejoin them one day.  I miss my ginger babies so much, it's so weird without them, they were two of our outside kitties, we do still have one outside, Little Shit, and we are going to be adopting a few year old female for a new sister and huntin' (please take note that there ain't no "G" at the end of Huntin' EVER) buddy for Little Shit.  He's been crying alot, he doesn't know where his Momma and Uncle went and why they aren't coming back, sigh.  I am so sad, yet, now I am also excited to adopt our new fuzzy and furry fur kid, yay.

These nails I did Saturday afternoon between taking care of and loving Billy, we knew it was soon his time to go to the Bridge and he did sometime overnight/morning Sunday, so, these nails were special nails, they were my Billy going to the Bridge nails, I just didn't know that at the time. 

I did my accent nails with 3 different polishes sponged on with an eyeshadow applicator. 

                                                                   Bottle Shots
(L-R) Orly Bonder, Sally Hansen Salon Manicure "Resurrection", Orly "Plum Noir", Zoya "Flora", Orly "Boho Bonnet", Milani Color Statement "Pearl-Plexed", Seche Vite Fast Dry 


I did a base of Resurrection, sponged on the Plum Noir, Boho Bonnet and Flora, then the accent nails with maybe China Glaze "Fairy Dust" or a dupe, I forgot to take a pic of that bottle. This is a very easy and fun mani to do. I'll explain below this pic how I did these.




I use a paper plate to drop each color polish on to sponge onto the nail as I go, I use the plastic clear cuticle pusher to clean as I go, the cap is acetone for clean up, the q-tips and pink brush for clean up.  After I painted all my nails with the creme blue, take the lip chap and put that on around your accent nails in the cuticle area and a bit below the nails and some on the side before sponging.  The lip chaps helps temendously with clean up.  Drop  the first color onto the plate and put the applicator on the polish, then, dab the applicator onto the plate to remove excess polish off the applicator so it doesn't just gob on your nail when you sponge it on, sponge VERY lightly on each nail here and there, repeat with the other colors, then sparkle top coat each accent nail.  Do your cleanup, apply your top coat, I love my fast drys and Wah....Lah......fun, easy, not a lot of time consuming nail art, yay!

Resurrection on it's own



                                                           Finished Nails, I dig 'em :)                                                   


That evening one of my very loved friends, Kristin, stopped by with her boy,  we did candy corn sponged with a little cut up piece of bath or face or makeup sponge to create a gradient look.  For this take a little cut up sponge, paint the three lines of color on the plate, then dip sponge in, then take sponge and starting on the side of the nail place sponge and do a "roll" over the nail bed to the other side to get the lines on the nail, you may have to redip and do this a couple of times to get the desired color.  Use the lip chap and clean up for this kind as well.  Here are my girlie's and my nails, I love it!!!


Kristen & Melly's Nails
Well that's all the nail for today, I have two or three more manis to get caught up on here, will get to posting them very shortly, at least one more quick NOTD (Nail of the Day) post with not as many words.

Lastly, I leave you with a pic of our two amazing ginger kitties that both went to the Bridge.  Mommy loves you both so much. Also, here is the picture that one of my BFF's Niki, made and posted for me with the  burnable cat memorial, "Paw Prints on Your Heart" we made for PDF Spring 2013. Niki, I love you, you have no idea what that did for me and how special that picture you did is.  I love you so much. 


Momma Kitty

Billy
Rainbow Bridge pic Niki made

Polishes and Meows,

Melly 




No comments:

Post a Comment