Monday, November 28, 2016

Holy Huntin' Holiday

Happy Monday,

Hope you are well and that today is treating you well.  Mine is okay for a Monday.  Today is opening day of deer rifle season in Pennsylvania and this is a seriously special day for hunters in this state. They get so damn excited that deer season and deer camp time is here, it's cute and funny. Every year my Dad, brother and Dad's buddies would all be out for this big day of huntin' or as I call it, "Holy Huntin' Holiday".  My boyfriend, Casey, is out with his family hunting today also, so, maybe we'll be having some fresh deer meat for dinner later on.  I think my brother, Dave, and my Dad's last man best friend still alive, were going out too. Three of the guys here at work are off for hunting today and numerous other folks I know are out too.  Casey is off work to hunt thru Wednesday of this week yet.  Every year my Dad would go up to Potter County, PA and the bus hunting this week.  It was the thing he most looked forward to all year, he loved it.

The last couple of years I did some deer season inspired nails and dedicated them to Dad. Well, this year is not going to be any different even with him being dead now and not here.  They are still dedicated to Dad and will be forever more when I do my huntin' nails.  So here's my openin' day of deer nails dedicated to Dad, but, also for all the other hunters I have in my life :)  Hope you enjoy them. I dig them and do hope to have some fresh deer meat to eat this week :)

My base here is OPI "Is Mai Tai Crooked?", then I used eye shadow applicators and sponged on China Glaze "Community", OPI "Don't Mess with Texas" and OPI "Suzi, The First Lady of Nails" on the nails I then stamped on using Sinful Colors "Black on Black" for the camo stamp with Winstonia "Hunter's Life" plate and the deer are Born Pretty plate "BP-LO11" and Bundle Monster plate "Work It BM-XL178" stamped with Essie "Penny Talk" for the deer stamps. I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the stamped nails.  The glitter accent on my index finger nails is Funky Fingers "Glitter Matters" and on my pinky nails is Color Club "Go Go Green".

Is Mai Tai Crooked? on it's own. 
There you have my openin' day of deer nails for this year.  Good luck and be safe out there if you go hunting yourself.  It is kind of a sad day today knowing how much this day meant to Dad and him being gone, sigh.  But, I know he'd appreciate my silly little dedication to him and for something he enjoyed doing so much.

Your feel good for today, this one is silly fun:

"You can't make everybody happy. You aren't a jar of Nutella."

 Enjoy the rest of your night and I'll talk to you soon.. I'll leave you Miss Betty trying to push Buster out of her way on the couch :) She's funny, she will get up and just boot him out of where she wants, but, these two are really good friends and sweet to each other.  Their facial expressions in this are funny I think :)

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment