Sunday, March 12, 2017

Purple, Purple, Purple!

Happy Dead Day!!!

Happy Sunday and Walking Dead Day, yay :)  Hope your weekend is going well.  Mine is okay.  I was sick this past week suffering from the flu which sucked.  I was home sick from work a couple of days and am still feeling a bit blah today.  I have just been resting and taking it easy for the most part this weekend to get this all out of my system.  I am feeling much better, just still feeling a bit tired.  We also turned the clocks ahead last night for daylight savings and I always need a week or so to adjust to the new time.

But other than that I am okay.  Today I have three different purple manis I've done over the last couple of weeks or so. I love purple, it's one of my favorite colors so naturally I steer towards shades of purple a lot with my nails.  Hope you enjoy these.

For these nails I did a base of Orly "Saturated".  I then took a small eyeliner brush and dabbed on Essie "Nice Is Nice" and Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Tickled Pink".  I then stamped using China Glaze and Uber Chic "Plate 5-03".  The glitter on my middle finger is Funky Fingers "Anna".  I put a coat of a Melly Mix on my thumb and pinky nails to finish. I love, love, love the way these turned out with the stamping on top, it created a really cool marbley look.  Can't wait to do this again in other colors.





Saturated on it's own. 
Then, for these nails my base was Venique "Lost In Bermuda", then I did toothbrush splodge nails using this tutorial from The Nailasaurus http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2013/03/the-toothbrush-method-nail-art.html I used China Glaze "That's Shore Bright", Essie "Nice Is Nice" and Essie "DJ Play That Song" for my splodge colors.  I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of my splodged nails.  The glitter on my middle nail is "Wicked Polish "Glitter Herpes".  I put a coat of Finger Paints "Sparkle Top Coat" on my pinky and thumb nails to finish this mani up. These are pretty cool looking I think and I'll definitely do these splodged nails again sometime.






Lost In Bermuda on it's own.  I love the medium purples like this, they are some of my favorites.
Then for these nails my base was OPI "William Tell Me About OPI".  I then put some Sally Hansen "Good To Grape" on a paper plate and took a crumpled up piece of saran wrap and dabbed it onto my nails to be stamped.  I stamped with Essie "Nothing Else Metals" and Uber Chic "Plate 2-01" and "Plate 2-03".  I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of those nails.  I did one coat of Starlight Polish "Silence Glaive" on my pinky and index nails.  The glitter on my thumb is an OPI DS polish but the label fell off so I have no idea what one it is but it sure is pretty and worked great to accent these nails I think :) Galaxy nails are some of my fave nails to do and I love the extra stamping on these, they look awesome I think :)




William Tell Me About OPI on it's own.  This is more of a burgundy  base but the nails ended up purplely looking so into the purple nails they go.  I do love me some vampy shades, that's for sure. 
There you have my purple, purple, purple nails for today.  Have a great rest of the weekend and I'll talk to you all soon.

Your feel good for today is:

"When it rains, looks for rainbows.  When it's dark, look for stars."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one, it's awesome!!!!

I leave you with what else, but, kitties.  The first pic is Miss Betty and Dino and the second is Buster and Dino.  Dino sure does like using his brothers' and sisters' butts as pillows.  It's cute :)



Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment