Tuesday, August 3, 2021

I Want My MTV, Video Killed the Radio Star

Happy Tuesday My Loves, 

I hope today finds you safe and well. I am okay. I do have to get a new car, my car did not pass it's yearly inspection, it's rusted out underneath and a slew of other issues which sucks as it only has 118,000 miles on it but it is 18 years old so there is that. I am still driving it until my car guy finds me a car in my price range which may take a few weeks since used cars are currently in high demand. So, at this point I do not know what kind of car I will end up with or when. I am not picky at all when it comes to vehicles and always buy used. I will for sure update when I get one in the future. I am not looking forward to having a car payment though, gah, oh well! 

I do have another horse show this Thursday night that I am volunteering at. This is the last weeknight show of the year and that makes me feel a bit sad. There are still three more shows thru the end of September that I will be helping at also so they are not over for the year yet. 

Tonight's nails are for FORTY years of MTV. Wow, that really makes me feel so old! I was 9 years old when MTV debuted, I grew up with MTV and I remember when MTV actually, gasp.....played videos and had VJ's, ha ha. I loved the old days of MTV. Now days Ridiculousness is the only show on MTV that I watch. The station sure is not what it used to be with programming and that makes me sad, but, what can you do. I watched Real World, The Osbournes, Jackass, MTV Cribs and Pimp My Ride when they were on but my very favorite MTV show of all time will always be Beavis & Butthead. Oh, how I loved that stupid stupid show so much :) I did Beavis & Butthead nails a few months back with images from this same stamping plate. I love this plate being MTV themed and what better time than now to use it again with these super amazing MTV logo images. I love them and think these turned out super cute, hope you do too :) 

My base is Different Dimension Squeeze the Day with one coat of Holo Taco Everything Taco on top of the stamped nails. I stamped using Sugar Bubbles SB 100 plate with all Maniology, Hit the Bottle and Twinkled T stamping polishes.




So, there you have my I feel so old MTV 40 years nails. Let's all take a moment to remember when MTV played music videos and how we waited so impatiently for those world premiere videos to air on MTV of our favorite artists. I remember those days quite well, ahhhh....here's to MTV, the station that once aired music :)

Have a great night, talk soon! 

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment