Saturday, September 5, 2015

)'( Happy Burn Day In the Desert )'(

 Happy Caturday Loves,

Happy Caturday!  Today is also "Happy Burn Day" at Burning Man in Black Rock City in the Nevada desert today where in a couple hours, the big man effigy will burn and I am so sad I am not in that desert with all my weirdo burner friends, sniffle, sniffle.  Burning Man has been going on since this past Monday in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada.  If you are unsure of what Burning Man is you can Google it and learn about our community and what we are although Burning Man has kinda become a household name over the years.  I tell people it's a temporary experiment in community with a focus on art. It's the most magical place on Earth and it's home! I"ve been to the desert twice and attend two regional Burning Man events every year in Delaware.  Can't wait until I can get back out to Burning Man again, 2010 was my last year out.

So, anyways, I did some little Burning Man symbol nails for Happy Burn Day today.  I used a base of Orly "Purple Crush" and did my little man with OPI "Gelato On My Mind" and then did one coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top then did one coat of Indigo Bananas "SF 35 Top Coat" on the rest.  Here you be :)
 
 
 
Purple Crush on it's own. 
Here is the Burning Man symbol I used for my BM inspired nails today even tho' my Burning Mans are chubby, lol.  The second pic is my Burning Man tattoo I have.  It's in a heart cuz' I HEART Burning Man :)
I Heart Burning Man
 The next two pics are from my first year out in the desert in 2006.
The Man, 2006
Me, Smelly Melly, ringing the virgin bell my virgin year in Black Rock City :) 

 These are the man and one of me in 2010, the last year I was out there.
The Man, 2010
Me "riding" a pony in Black Rock City
 Here's two I pulled off the interwebs of the city by day and by night, it's so gorgeous.  These pics make me so happy.
 
That's it today.  Talk to you all soon, got a Labor Day family thing with Casey tomorrow, then on Sunday night, we're going to go see fireworks, then off work on Monday and a lazy day, yay :) 

I leave you with Miss Betty, my heart, heart, heart kitty.  She's my baby girl thru and thru, I heart her so hard and she's too cute :) 
Miss Betty
Have a great rest of Caturday and I'll try to get a post up in the next couple of days.  

Nighty night! 

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

2 comments: