Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mani Bombs, Moisture Goodness for Nails & Cuticles!


Happy Tuesday Love Bugs,

Hope you are good, I am good!  Today I finally have my promised mani bomb post for you.  A mani bomb is basically a bath bomb for your hands and nails.  If you don't know what a bath bomb is, it's a product that has a bunch of moisturizing oils, such as almond, jojoba and coconut oils, in them that you toss in the bath and they fizz from the citric acid in them and as they fizz, they dissolve and release all the oils so that as you soak in the tub your skin soaks up the oils and you end up with super soft, silky and moisturized skin.  Mani bombs work the same way, but, have a bit more added oils usually for extra moisture for your nails and hands.

Mani bombs also may be called mani melt, mani fizz(y), mani shot or mani soak, but, they are all the same thing.  I have mani bombs from three different places, Pretty & Polished, Forever Polished and Paw-Some Natural Bath & Body (their shop tho' is currently not up on Etsy where it always was which sucks cuz' I love their products so much, hopefully they will open shop up again soon).  I will include links to these shops and a couple other shops that have mani bombs that I do want to try out their products at the end of this post.

To use a mani bomb you fill a bowl full of hot water, drop the bomb in then soak your hands in the water for 5 to 10 minutes or so.  I usually soak for at least 10 minutes and periodically during my soaking I will take my hands out and rub the oils into my hands and nails then put them back in the bowl to soak some more.  Once you are done soaking, pat your hands dry and don't wash them for at least a half hour to give the oils plenty of time to absorb into your hands and cuticles.  They really are quite luxurious and do make your hands really soft and they do feel so nice after you do a mani bomb.  I do them about twice a week.  I will do them either with polish or without polish on.  I also will break a bomb in half to get two uses out of one bomb for the larger size bombs. I love using a mani bomb, it gives me some me time and a bit of time to just relax a bit too.

Here are all my mani bombs and how I store them.  The basket contains all mani bombs and the purple basket contains some of my mani bombs and some bath bombs too.  I LOVE my mani and bath bombs, that is for sure :)

Here are the three different brands that I have both fronts and backs of the bomb packages.
Pretty & Polished mani melts, these come in a pack of three, I use one at a time, Paw-Some Natural Bath & body, Forever Polished, both the Pawsome and Forever Polished bombs, I break in half for two uses. 
Here is the bowl I use.  I love this bowl, it's the perfect size for mani bombs and it was also my Grandma's who passed many, many years ago.  I loved my Grandma so much, she was a great lady, so this bowl means a lot to me and makes me think of her and smile when I use it :)

Here you can see how big the bowl is, you want one that will allow you to submerge both hands in it. 
The bomb broken in half in the package and the half of the bomb I used for this soak.  The other half I just keep in the package until my next mani bomb.

Here is when I first dropped the mani bomb into the water and how it looks as it fizzes and dissolves. 

Here is the water after the bomb has completely dissolved, see all that oily goodness there and the pic below this one is the residue of the oil left, you can see there how much oil they do pack in the water. 


Here is a pic after using a bomb, see how nice and moisturized my hand, nails and cuticles look. They really do a great job pampering your hands and nails.  Don't mind my horribly stained nails, I never ever remove stains from them as I don't care about them being stained since I always have polish on anyways :)

And, there you have it, mani bombs.  I love using these and I love the way they make your hands, nails and cuticles feel and look.  I definitely suggest incorporating mani bombs into your own nail care routine.  They are so worth it.

Here's links to some shops where you can buy them from:

http://www.shopprettyandpolished.com/collections/mani-melts

http://foreverpolishedbyashley.bigcartel.com/

http://charminghandmademagic.bigcartel.com/category/mani-bomb

http://www.paintboxpolish.bigcartel.com/product/mani-fizzes

https://www.kbshimmer.com/product-category/hand-care/mani-shots/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Wimzy?section_id=10199462&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LOLITALACQUER?section_id=17195309&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GrimAndGlamorous?section_id=17421472&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

That's it for today.  I leave you with more of Miss Gypsy, Casey's cat, she's settling in very nice and everyone is getting along now and it's nice to see.  The second pic is of her with some catnip, she's a cute and nice little cat.  I am happy to have her as part of the cat crew in my home and she's so pretty too!

Talk to you all soon and have a great rest of the day and tomorrow is the middle of the week already, yay :)

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

2 comments:

  1. Pretty & Polished's are my absolute favorite. I bought a bunch for my mom as well to use between her gel manis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are my favorite too, they have a lot of oil in them for sure :)

    ReplyDelete