Friday, November 13, 2015

Sponged Nails


Happy Friday YAY!!!

Yay, we made it to the weekend, yay :)  Do you have any fun weekend plans? I do, two friends have a post Halloween party every year a couple weeks after the holiday and I love that they do this.  While everyone else is all about the Christmas season, here we are still in Halloween mode, yay :)  Casey and I are going to be going as black cats. We are also making homemade potato salad and cupcakes to take with us.  I can't wait, it's going to be so much fun.  I love their parties, good times with even better people, yay.  I'll for sure get pics and post them after the party!

Today I have two sponge manis I did this past week.  The first one I did using cut up sponges and the second one I did using eyeshadow applicators.  I love sponged nails so much, they are easy, fun to do and look really pretty when you are done and depending on the sponge and the material they are made of you can get several really cool looks using different varieties of sponges.  I have several different sponges for nails.  I simply cut one up into small pieces then put some polish on a paper plate, then dip the sponge into the polish then dab into my nails.  I do the same when using the eyeshadow applicators.  Here you go, hope you like them.

I used a base of Essie "Romper Room" here and sponged Essie "Play Date", Essie "Salt Water Happy", Essie "Cascade Cool" and Essie "Chillato" on my accents, then did a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on my accents and a coat of Indigo Bananas "SF 35 Holo Top Coat" on the rest.  I love the colors in these. I think they look really pretty together.
 
 
 
 
My nails and Miss Betty, the cutie patootie :)
Romper Room on it's own, this is a pretty pale pink and I do love me some pastel pinks for sure!

Here I used a base of China Glaze "Red-y To Rave" and sponged with China Glaze "Be More Pacific", Essie "Strut Your Stuff", Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Royal Hue" and Kleancolor "Lavenbaby", then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the sponged nails, then a coat of Orly "Fifty Four" on the rest.
 
 
Red-y To Rave on it's own.

I'll be doing black cat nails for the party tomorrow night using one of my cat stamping plates I have and will try to get them posted on Sunday.  Have a great rest of Friday night and a great weekend.  I'm off to make my cupcakes now, yay, then some snuggle time with Casey and the kitties!  Ahhhhh....life is good and here's Miss Betty looking entirely too cute for words, she just melts me and melts this, this little cat.  I love her so much :)
And, here's Dino looking handsome :)  I love black cats so much!!!

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment