Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My First Spring/Easter Nails of the Year

Happy Hump Day Loves,

Hope you are well and that your week is going good.  Mine has been kinda stressful at work so far, nothing major, just some work and scheduling stress, scheduling truly is the most difficult part of my job and boy, can it be a headache.  I work for a security installation company and I schedule jobs and service work and it can really get tricky sometime, gah!!!  I'll be so ready for the weekend and we are off on Friday for Good Friday so I have a short week too at least, whew!!!!

The end of last week I did my first Spring/Easter themed nails.

I started with a base of Essie "Under Where?", then sponged the following polishes on using eyeshadow applicators (I put some polish on a paper plate and dip the applicator into the polish, then sponge it on my nails)  OPI "Gelato On My Mind", Essie "A Crewed Interest", China Glaze "Girls Just Wanna Have Sun", Sally Hansen Diamond Strength "Garter Toss", China Glaze "Tart-y For the Party", China Glaze "For Audrey" and China Glaze "Something Sweet".  I then put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the sponged nails and a coat of Pure Ice "Busted" on my pinky and index nails and Candy Laquer "Bunny Lights" for my glitter accent.

I love how springy and Eastery these nails look.  This is an easy sponge technique to do and not a whole lot of clean up either. I am planning on doing a blog post on the different sponge techniques soon too that I do, be on the lookout for that coming up. Hope you enjoy these nails as much as I enjoyed doing them and wearing them.  I love pastels, so, this time of year is one of my favorite times for new polish buying with all the pretty pastels that are out every year :)
 
 
 
 
 
Under Where? on it's own, this is such a pretty color!
 That's all folks for today.  I leave you with kitties, of course, here's Mr. Kitty, Buster, Betty and Dino all on the bed one day, that sure is a bed full of cats, LOL :)  Then there's Mr. Kitty and Gypsy later on this same day cuddling together. Cats, they are so funny and too cute!!!




Have a great rest of Hump Day! I have two other Easter manis done that I'll try to get up tomorrow or Friday and one more planned prior to Easter that I'll post on Easter Sunday.  I have so much fun doing holiday nails, it makes me happy :) Talk to you soon!

Polish & Purrs,

Melly


Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment