Sunday, December 7, 2014

Happy Sunday & Plastic Mesh Thing Nails

Hi my loves, 

Hope you are all having a nice weekend,  I am, uneventful, which I am so okay with.  Did some things around the apartment all weekend.  I have Miss Betty cuddling beside me out here in the living room.  Today, I did my nails and plan on relaxing, catching up on American Horror Story "Freak Show", reading some nail blogs, reading my book and just chilling the rest of the day.  It's so cold out too, so, I am way okay with staying inside and being lazy today :) 

These are nails I did Thursday night and used this little plastic mesh sponge thing that came in a Halloween makeup set for my nail art.  It made some cool art.  I like it.  I'll definitely use it again, glad I thought about keeping it for nail art instead of throwing it away.

I did my standard base of Orly Bonder (rubberized adhesive base coat), two coats of Snowman (no names) in Blurple, one coat of Ruby Kisses "Snow White" on all nails, but thumbs and ring fingers.  For my accent nails I used Sally Hansen "White On" and China Glaze "Be Bright Back".  I did the white first, I dropped a few drops on my plate, then dipped the mesh thing in the polish, then used that to dab first the white, then the pink on my nails.  I really like how they turned out with this, almost looks like a splatter. I put a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of my accents, then a coat of Poshe quick dry top coat.


Orly Bonder, Snowman in Blurple color, China Glaze "Be Bright Back", Sally Hansen "White On", Ruby Kisses "Snow White, Poshe Quick Dry

My plate I use for nail art.  There is the mesh thing along with lip chap for help with cleaning up, I put it around the skin on my nails to be sponged, then use the cotton applicators dipped in acetone (in the cap on plate) to clean up any polish that gets on the skin.  Lip chap makes clean up so easy.
Snowman Blurple Color (way more purple in real life)
That's all for today.  Have a great rest of the 
weekend, stay warm.  I have two more manis to share with you all in the next day or so.  I may just lump them both in one post.

 Where, oh, where do the weekends go and why does Monday have to come do dern early, 
dern it!! 

I leave you all with our solid gray extra toed
little brat fur kid, Buster.  

Polish, Peace and Purrs, 

Melly






 
Buster, isn't he a cutie, I love his face.  That's Betty, our newest furkid, in the back.


Buster being Buster



 

No comments:

Post a Comment