Saturday, December 20, 2014

Twinkle, Twinkle Nails & Caturday Cats

Hi friends, 

Hope your weekends are good.  Mine is. I would like to take a moment to remember the two NYPD officers that were ambushed murdered while sitting in their marked parked car earlier today.  It's sad and senseless.  My heart goes out to the families and friends of these two men.  Cops take a very high risk every day, a risk I do not care to take and I respect them for that. 

My 'tis the season nails I did today are my version of Christmas lights.  I love how they came out. I dig them.  I used Orly Bonder, per usual, as my base, then two coats of OPI "Alpine Snow" with one coat of Revlon "Gold Glaze" on all nails, but, accent.  I then used my nail art brushes for the lights on my ring and thumb accent nails.  I used Orly "Enchanted Forest" for the cord the lights are on. For the lights I used all China Glaze polishes, "I Sea the Point", "Four Leaf Clover", "Orange Knockout", "Happy Go Lucky" and "Salsa" for the lights.  When the lights were done I did one coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top, then Seche Vite Quick Dry on all nails.  I love these.  I've been digging wearing white nail polish two times in a week. I love white polish. 
                                                                      Polishes Used
OPI "Alpine Snow", Orly "Enchanted Forest", CG "I Sea The Point", CG "Four Leaf Clover", Orange Knockout", "Salsa", "Happy Go Lucky", CG "Fairy Dust", Revlon "Gold Glaze"
The nail art  brushes I used.  Just drop polish on a plate and clean brushes with acetone between colors.


 I didn't post this in my last post, was hoping to get a few good pics today, but, couldn't. Anywhos, I adopted a new kitty this past week for a buddy for our outside cat, Little Shit, for real this time.  Our other one we adopted about 8 weeks ago was going to be outside, had to be inside to get over a respiratory infection and Miss Betty is all house kitty now. Things always happen for reasons, it is true.  Matt and I were not going to adopt a 6th one after we got Betty (our two older outside ginger kitties went to Rainbow Bridge earlier this year and we were down from 6 to 4 before we adopted Betty), but, we were supposed to adopt Mr. Kitty too.  He's currently in our rescue cage, got fixed and shots on Wednesday, still learning this is home now.  We are going to let him out to walk around the yard a bit tomorrow.  I am pretty confident that he's not going to run away when he gets freedom from the cage.  He knows now that this is where food, shelter, soft blankies, love, pets, cuddles and kisses are at.  He's a really sweet cat.  I am really happy Matt and I adopted this big guy. 

That's it for now my love bugs.  Have a great rest of Caturday.  I'll try to post my next holiday nails on Tuesday or so, I hope :)

And, it's now on to kitties we a go!!!!!!

Mr Kitty in his temporary home
Mr. Kitty eating his treats
Mr. Kitty (this was the picture I first saw of him and said, "Awwww....he's cute, I'll take him" :)
Pebbles & Dino (last night I got this pic too, but, it was Dino on the Forever Comfy.  I love how I got them switched up the next day.
Polish, Purrs & Love,

Melly


No comments:

Post a Comment