Saturday, December 26, 2015

Grumpy Cat for Festivus!

 Happy Festivus for the Rest of Us,

This past Wednesday, 12/23 was the Festivus "holiday", if you ever watched Seinfeld regularly you'd have heard of Festivus, it's a holiday made up by George's Dad, which is said to have originated with one of the writer's fathers in real life, a day to air grievances and instead of a tree they put a metal pole up, it was a funny episode and since then somehow Festivus kinda sorta became a "real" holiday :)  My only grievance I have is still recovering from surgery so I am not getting my normal exercise in the barn cleaning stalls and I miss my horse, so, that's not bad for airing my grievances, LOL :)  So, for today I present my Happy Festivus nails featuring none other than some Grumpy Cat and unless you've been living under an interwebs rock, you've most definitely seen the memes done with Tardar Sauce, aka Grumpy Cat.  It originally started as one meme online and since then has taken the world by storm with Grumpy Cat stuff all over. Tardar Sauce has feline dwarfism and an underbite that makes her look grumpy all the time, here's a link to read more about her if you would like :)  She's a cute little cat I think :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Cat

I used a base of Essie "Groove Is In The Heart" and stamped Grumpy Cat and the words with Konad Stamping Polish in black, then put one coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" on top of the stamped nails, then one coat of a Melly Mix on the rest.  I used two different plates from Bundle Monster, plate # S161 and plate # S162  I am getting so much better with my stamping placement too I think, yay :)  I also ran out to the dollar store today to get a few things and got these two stickers out of a sticker machine.  I got so excited when I saw them walking into the store, it was purrfect :)  So, here you go, Grumpy Cat for Happy Festivus!!!
 
 
 
 
Groove Is In the Heart on it's own, it's a pretty pink, I like these kinds of girly pinks
The two plates I used for these.
Here are two of my favorite memes with Grumpy Cat :)
 
There you have my Festivus nails.  These were fun and I am so happy that I actually have a plate that has Tardar Sauce on it, so fun to have this image, yay!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!  I did, we went and gave the horses all their gifts which was a lot, those boys made out.  I have several more pics I want to show on here of the boys and their gifts but since this was on Festivus, I'll post the rest of them in my next post with some other holiday nails I did a few weeks back but didn't have a chance to post yet, so, you'll get them then :)  In the meantime here's a couple to hold you over, ha, ha!
Dusty, me, Gracie, Dream and my Mom
Dusty and Dream's tree and their booty of gifts, it was all treats, LOL
Well, that's it for now.  I am kinda hurting a bit tonight, overdid it doing a couple things around home today so just going to take it easy the rest of the night, going to try to get a post up tomorrow.  Chat soon loves, have a great night and even better FESTIVUS!!!!!  LOL!!!!!

 If you want to read more about Festivus, you can do so right here:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

Polish & Purrs,

Melly

Have you loved your cuticles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment