Thursday, November 27, 2014

Talkin' Turkey!

Gobble...Gobble....

Happy Turkey Day my friends.  I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for so many things in my life EVERY day, not just today.  I am thankful for my awesome parents and family, my friends, my fur babies and the happy life we have.  I wish everyone could be as blessed as I am.  I am really excited to see my horse, Dusty Bucks, and my sister's horse, Dream, today when we go to my parents, yay for horsey loves, yay.  I love horses, we grew up with them, I used to show, I don't any longer, but, will always be a horse person.  The love of horses really truly is one that you are born with and you never ever stop being a horse person.  Horses definitely played a large role in shaping me into the person I am today.  Horses are such amazing creatures.  I am so blessed to have them in my life.  I'll have a couple pics of the boys from today for my next post so you can all meet the boys.  They are such good horses.  Now, onto some Talkin' Turkey nails!

For this mani, I started with my standard base of Orly Bonder (a rubberized adhesive base coat, it helps the polish adhere better and last longer too), then two coats on all nails of OPI "Where Did Suzi's Man-Go".  For the turkeys I dropped a few drops of Milani Color Statement "Enchanting" onto my plate and used one of my brushes to paint the outline and to fill in the turkey body on all of my accent nails.  Next, I did the feathers the same way with a brush using China Glaze "Sun Worshiper", OPI "Hot & Spicy", Maybelline Color Show "Better In Buff", Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Mellow Yellow" and China Glaze "China Rouge" (I didn't get a pic of this one, I decided while doing the turkey that I wanted red in it as well).  I then did the beaks in China Glaze "China Rouge", next time I am going to use a lighter brown for the turkey body as my beak didn't show up too well.  After than I then used my black and white LA Colors Nail Art stripers for the eyes.  After my nails were dry, I then put a coat of Amour "Rainbow Hologram" on all nails followed by a coat of Seche Vite quick dry top coat.  The top coat did drag the turkey a little, it seems no matter how long I wait for my polish to dry, it will always smear a little when I do nail art, drat.  Oh well, just looks like the turkeys had a good night out last night boozin' it up and now have some blood shot eyes to show for it ;)

I use nail art brushes and clean the brush after each color with acetone.  I use an empty nail polish lid and pour acetone in that for cleaning my brushes between colors. It works great.




Orly Bonder, OPI "Where Did Suzi's Man-GO", China Glaze "Sun Worshiper", OPI "Hot & Spicy", Maybelline Color Show "Better In Buff", Milani Color Statement "Enchanting", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Mellow Yellow", Amour "Rainbow Hologram", LA Colors Art Deco in Black and White
                                                                                      
The brushes I used.
Where Did Suzi's Man-Go by itself

And, there you go, Talkin' Turkey nails.  I like them, they are cute I think and this was my first time doing turkeys.  They were fun to do.  

I'll chatter at you all soon, soon, soon!!!  I leave you with some more pics of teddy bear kitty, Miss Betty.



Gobbles, Gobbles and Goobles, 

Melly 

No comments:

Post a Comment