Sunday, November 9, 2014

Wonky Walking Dead Day Water Marble!! And...I did a mini tutorial!!!





Happy Walking Dead Day, Yay!  I can not wait until tonight's episode of The Walking Dead, it's a gonna be a good one! Hope you all's had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty good.  

Today I did a water marble, it's okay, but I didn't choose the marble colors to go together very well.  Oh well, I still like them, and....I have a little min mani tutorial, go me...hurh....hurh....the colors looked better to me in my mind, oh well.

I started with a base of Orly "Plum Noir" with Ozotic "Beam 906", marbled with OPI "Planks A Lot", Essie "Warm & Toasty Turtleneck" and Klean Color "Lavenbaby" followed by one of my sparkly top coats, my Melly Mixes (I take and "franken" together sparkle top coats I purchase and mix certain ones together to get the colors I want in top coats and is hella fun too). 

Prior to polishing I get everything out and on a towel that I am going to need to do me nails.Here are the bottles I used. 

Orly "Plum Noir", Ozotic "Beam 906", OPI "Planks A Lot", Kleancolor "Lavenbaby", Essie "Warm & Toasty Turtleneck", Melly's "Melly Mix"


  
I put this all on a towel along with q-tips, plastic cuticle pusher for clean up, clean up brush, little jar of acetone, toothpick and lip chap.  I thought I had taken a pic, no idea where that pic went.  I have found that the cremes will marble the best and the thinner the polish, the better.  I pick out 3 polishes, check consistency and thin if they are thick, polish thinner ONLY, acetone will break down a bottle of polish, get thinner and throw that old myth to the junk pile, use thinner!

Fill a little round container with distilled room temperature water, get all your polishes ready, lids loose so you can work quick, but, not too quick, don't want to rush it. Take the first color and drop into center of water, let it spread to the edges and then do the same with the next polish, let it spread, then the same with the next and on until you get enough circles of color.  Take a toothpick and start 2 to 3 rows in to begin your drag to marble, wipe off the pick after each drag. Below is my one of rows to marble. 

 Once you have your marble done in the water, coat the areas of your cuticles, below finger and tips and underside of finger for all nails to be marbled, I do them one at a time. Take your lip chapped finger and set it above the spot on the water marble and slowly put your nail in the water at a 45 degree angle.  Keep it submerged and take a Q-tip and skim the polish off the top and around nail dunked in, then pull nail out, be sure to skim before pulling nail back out. I then use my pointed sided and flat sided q-tip dipped in acetone and wipe all around the skin that you lip chapped, this method works very well for me with art. Make sure that before you begin dropping in for the next nail on deck that you skim the gunk off of the water.  I do reuse my water for several marbles, I've found that if the water is a little "dirty" and there is polish ring on the side the it does help the polish spread. I do one nail per marble.  I use the reusable little round salad dressing containers.  I love them for marbling.  I hope this is helpful.  Marbling sure is fun. Here's Orly "Plum Noir" on her own, she's a pretty fall shade.


Orly "Plum Noir"
Water Marble

Now, loves, that is it for now. And, by golly, I'm getting my helpful hints up before Walking Dead, yay! I leave you with Dino and Miss Princess Pebbles, I LOVE Black Cats!!!



Happy Dead Day, Yay! I heart my peeps XOXO

Brains and Damn Walkers,

Melly 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment