Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lots 'O Sparkle & Glitter

Good Sunday Afternoon, me peeps, 

Hope your Sunday is going good.  I am just relaxing on the couch today with my heating pad and Miss Betty kitty curled up with me.  This cold has my back so bad the last couple of weeks.  I am in a lot of pain today, sigh.  I have spinal stenosis from arthritis in my back and it sucks.  I had two epidurals back in the fall of 2014 and they worked for a while, but, not helping too much any longer.  I've also been getting more hip, knee and ankle pain this Winter than I ever did before.  I do know that pain will migrate other places in the body after the epidurals, but, this is also from me getting older and arthritis getting me in those places too.  I had a long life with horses and it's getting me now, however, I would never trade my horse life for anything, so, I'll deal with the aches and pains.  I ended up not going to our friends party last night due to me just hurting so bad right now, boo.  That sucks, but, I also know now when my body is telling me to rest for a bit.  Gettin' old, it sure ain't easy!

The nails I did yesterday I took off this morning and did a new mani.  Yesterday, after my nails were done, I chipped a corner off of my one thumb nail and one on my middle finger too.  It was bugging me, so, I just picked some polished out and did these.  I had no idea in mind when I started these.  I had a sponge out that I was going to do something with, just didn't know what, so, I just put random drops of polish on the sponge, then dabbed it on my nails.  I love my end result too after I added the dots to the sponged nails.  I am also going to start taking some different angle shots of my nails to get the awesome effect of the sparkle top coats I use better. I love how there is so much going on in this glitter, wish I could have gotten the purple shift to show more in my pics, but, I couldn't capture that, darn it.  I took a bunch today at all different angles to show the glitter, yay.  Hope you like them.  I do :)  

I used Orly Bonder, my basecoat, two coats of OPI "Viking In A Vinter Vonderland as my creme base then used Essie "Play Date, China Glaze "In  A Lily Bit" and Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Lacey Lilac" for my sponging, then I did the white dots, then a coat on all nails of a sparkle top coat I made by mixing a couple different polishes together or my Melly Mixes, then a coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat and I was done.  I love these so much.









 I love, love, love all the sparkle, yay.  Here's the polished I used: 
Orly Bonder, OPI "Viking In A Vinter Vonderland", Essie "Play Date", Sally Hansen Extreme Wear "Lacey Lilac", China Glaze "In A Lily Bit", Melly Mix, Seche Vite Quick Dry
Lip Chap for putting around skin for easier cleanup, acetone in jar, clean up brush and q-tips, sponges.
My sponge after I dropped my drops of polish on and sponged onto nails.
My nails after I sponged the polish on, before I put the dots on.
Viking In A Vinter Vonderland on it's own.
And, there's those nails.  I love these so much.  It's fun when you really don't have anything in particular in mind and it evolves like this one does, yay.

Have a great rest of the weekend and I'll talk to you all soon.  I leave you with our black fur babies.

Pebbles & Dino
 

 Peace, Polish & Purrs,

Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment