Thursday, January 15, 2015

Brush Swirl Nails & Glittah Glitter

Happy Thursday my friends, 

Hope everyone is having a good week.  My week's been okay.  I've been hurting with my arthrittis in my back and other old fart aches and pains thanks to the cold, ugh.  I am so ready for it to be warm, sunny and pleasant again in the great outdoors.  Brrrrrr....it's cold out there, at least I have the Spring nail polish collections coming out soon to look forward to in this icky cold.

I got my little baby bear kitty, Miss Betty spayed this week, yay, no more girlie bits for Betty.  She's doing really well and not messing with her incision which is great.  It always feels so good to know that you are doing your part in helping to decrease the pet overpopulation problems in the world.  Thank you to anyone and everyone that gets their pets spayed and/or neutered.  You really truly are making a difference just by doing this one thing, yay.  Let's stop pet overpopulation  and homeless pets together by all of us getting our pets fixed.  They are much happier too after they are fixed.

On to my nails.  I've got two manis for you today. The first one is a brush swirl mani I did.  It's easy, all you do is drop some drops of polish on the nail(s) you choose to swirl, then take a nail art brush, eyeliner brush or any other similar brush and swirl the drops of polish together onto your nail.  I also do put lip chap around my cuticles to help with clean up in case I swirl onto the skin by my nails.  I started with my standard base of Orly Bonder (rubberized adhesive base coat that helps to adhere polish better to the nail), two coats of China Glaze "Well Trained" on all nails, then one coat of ILNP "My Private Rainbow" on all of my nails but, my thumbs and ring fingers.  Those are my accent nails that I did the swirls on.  For the swirls I used China Glaze "Too Yacht To Handle" and Ulta "Maine Attraction".  After I did my swirls I put one coat of ILNP "My Private Rainbow" on top, then a coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat on all nails to finish them up. Clean up any excess polish and your brush with some acetone when you are done.  I love the way these turned out.  I love doing swirls, marbles, splatters on my nails, so easy and so cool looking. 
Left hand
Right Hand
                                                                   Polishes Used:
Orly Bonder, China Glaze "Well Trained", ILNP "My Private Rainbow", Ulta "Maine Attraction", China Glaze "Too Yacht To Handle", Seche Vite Quick Dry
My drops/blobs of polish before swirling.
Brush I used to swirl with
Well Trained by itself.

 The next mani I did a couple nights ago.  I used China Glaze "Tart-y For The Party" as my base, a holo topcoat and glitter accents. I love glitter.  I like to do glitter accents when I don't want to spend a ton of time on my nails.  I did bitch up my middle finger, but, oh well, such is the life of a nail polish whore, LOL :) 
                                                                       GLITTER, YAY!

Tart-y For The Party by itself
 That's it for now.  Have a great rest of the night and have a great Friday!  So glad it's almost the weekend.  I need it and we have some good friends party to go to on Saturday night.  I am making bean dip.  I can't wait, I love the fun house parties they have, yay.



Here is my baby bear Miss Betty with her shaved spay belly.  I love this little cat so much. She is so sweet and such a baby.  She makes me melt and I ame so smitten with this little girl.  I love her lots.

Well, I love all of our 6 kitties, but, Betty, this Betty, she's my baby girl.

Talk to you soon!

Polish, Purrs & Peace, 

Melly


 

No comments:

Post a Comment