Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year Nails & Deep House Lounge.com!

Happy New Year all! 

Hope you all had a fun and safe NYE.  My hubby, Matt, went out with some of our friends and then we had people over after that.  I did not go out, I was not in a celebratory frame of mind last night to go out.  I found out yesterday that my Daddy has colon cancer, he's going to be starting chemo, getting another test to see if it spread and surgery.  I left work early, went to see my Dad and we talked and hung out.  I spent a lot of time crying and processing this, so, stayed home and watched The Walking Dead marathon that is on and cuddled with the kitties until Matt and our friends came over.  I was happy to see friends afterwards, it helped my spirits. I am still trying to process this all with my Dad, but, will be praying to the universe and powers that be (aliens) that Dad will be okay and still be with us for a while yet. I also stopped taking Prozac cold turkey a couple of weeks ago (more on that in a later post) and am going thru that withdrawal along with Dad.  It's tough, but, I'll get thru it and be okay.  Tomorrow night my hubby is dj-ing and I will go out tomorrow night and that will be nice to get my mind off of it for a hot second. 

Today, have had The Walking Dead marathon on, did my nails, we made breakfast when our friends that spent the night got up and just been hanging out.  My hubby does his house music radio show tonight from 8 to 10 and I am looking forward to that.  I love house music and my husband is a really good DJ too.  The link for his radio show is at the bottom of this post. Tune in and listen to some good house music.

Anywho's, on to me nails.  I had a super sparkly glittery mani in mind for NYE, then, with my Dad,s news, I didn't do anything special, so, today I have two manis I did this past week that were just fun glittery ones.  

Here is the first one. I did these this past Sunday.  I used a base of Orly Bonder base coat, two coats of OPI "Eurso Euro" with a coat of Finger Paints "Ho Ho Happy Holiday" on my thumb and ring nails, then one coat of Pure Ice "Oh Baby" on the other nails.  I then decided I wanted more sparkle, so, I added a coat of Orly "Twilight" on top of the Pure Ice.  I then put one coat of Seche Vite quick dry top coat on all nails.  I do really love the blue sparkle in "Oh Baby". 
With one coat of "Oh Baby"

With one coat of "Twilight"
"Eurso Euro" on it's own, I love it, such a pretty blue.

The next mani I did this past Monday night.  I started with my usual base of Orly Bonder, then two coats of Orly "Sapphire Silk" on all nails, one coat of Venique "Glitters of Fun" on my thumb and ring accent nails, then one coat of ILNP "My Private Rainbow" (the scattered and linear version), followed by a coat of Poshe Quick Dry top coat on all nails. 





"Sapphire Silk" on it's own
My gifts from Leslie at work, she hand made it all, lip chap, cuticle oil, a body spray and body wash and my favorite, a whipped body butter, my hands and cuticles LOVE this stuff, yay.  Thank you so much again, Leslie XOXO
Mine and the kitties gifts from my sister, Tina, a print of Dan Patch, the greatest pacing horse ever, a horse book, a couple lighters and her home made cat nip kitty toys, the fur kids LOVE these every year from Aunt Tina :)


That's it for today all my loves.  I hope you have a great rest of the night.  I will be listening to Matt's show, watching TWD, cuddling Miss Betty kitty and catching up on reading the nail blogs I read.  I ask that you all please keep my Dad and our family in your prayers and thoughts. Here is Miss Princess Pebbles playing with an Aunt Tina toy.  I love Pebbles, she's such a gorgeous girl.  Here's the link to Matt's radio show, tune in, give a listen and join in the chat room if you want to say hey.  http://www.deephouselounge.com/ I will talk to you all soon. Have a great night!

Pebbles playing with a new toy :)
Love you, my friends, 

Melly 





No comments:

Post a Comment