Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sleepy Sunday & Sponge Week

Happy Sleepy Sunday,

Hope you are all good.  I am okay.  I am so ready for warmer weather to get here, when it's much more bearable for me.  Being in pain is just icky.  The cold just hurts, dang it. I did some things around home this morning, did my nails and going to spend the rest of today relaxing on the heating pad before the work week starts.  I'll catch up on reading some nail blogs, reading my book and maybe even napping.  The kitties have been napping all day. It's definitely a sleepy kind of Sunday.   We are supposed to get some significant snow accumulation too tonight thru tomorrow evening.  Snow, ick, snow, no snow, dang it.

I did my first sponge nails for this week's Sponge Week.  I used Orly Bonder as my base, two coats of China Glaze "Trip Of A Lime Time" on all nails, then sponged first, China Glaze "License & Registration Pls", then China Glaze "Pop The Trunk", then Orly "Coachella Dweller", next I put one coat of Sally Hansen "Twist Of Lime" on all nails, then finished with a coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry on all nails.  Then I was done.  I'll caption the pics below my nails on how I did these.  I love these, they are fun.  I like doing sponged nail art, it's easy and looks really cool done :)









I really like how these came out and I love the glitter on top of the sponged nails. Below are the polishes I used and how I did these nails.  

                                                     Polishes Used
Bonder, China Glaze "Trip Of A Lime Time", China Glaze "License & Registration Pls", China Glaze "Pop The Trunk", Orly "Coachella Dweller", Sally Hansen "Twist Of Lime", Seche Vite Fast Dry
For doing sponge nails, you want to cut up into smaller pieces a bigger sponge.  I use a variety of different textured sponges to get different sponged looks.  I'll use makeup sponges, kitchen sponges and bath sponges for my sponging.  You want to first take some lip chap and put some around the skin of the nails on the nails you want to sponge on to help with clean up.  Next, drop a few drops of your first color onto a paper plate, piece of cardboard, etc., then dip one sponge into the polish and dab onto your nail, repeat this for the rest of your nails, then do the same for the remaining colors.  I do one nail, one color at a time. I use a new sponge for each color.  I used three colors here. Then after you are done sponging, take a clean up brush or makeup applicators dipped in acetone and clean up the polish around your nails and cuticles. Then you are done.  Sponging is definitely up there in the easy nail art category for sure and it's fun to do too!
My sponges, plate, clean up brush, acetone and lip chap
Polish dropped on to sponge.  It's the orange blob in the middle.
My sponges after I got done sponging on my nails.
My clean up arsenal
This was before I cleaned up the polish on m cuticles and fingers.  You can see how far I put the lip chap.  For marbling I do the underside and a bit further back towards the knuckle.
Trip Of A Lime Time on it's own.  This is also from the new Spring China Glaze Road Trip Collection.  Pop The Trunk and License & Registration Pls are also from the Road Trip Collection.
And, that's my first Sponge Week nails.  I'll post more sponged nails by Tuesday this week.  I am enjoying giving myself these for Melly nail challenges.  Hope you enjoy Sponge Week. 

That's all I have for now.  It's time to relax and spend some time with the kitties.  Watching Eurotrip and I still love this movie so much every time I see it. 'Skooooooooozeeeee.........oh...........Skoooooooooooozeeeeeeeeee............!!!   I laugh every time during the skoozeeeee...part.  This movie is so funny.  


I leave you with Miss Betty and Buster.  She's slowly getting Buster to let her cuddle up with him.  It's cute. She will slowly starting inching her way towards him until she's snuggled up against him :)


Have a great rest of the weekend.  

XOXOXO, 

Melly


No comments:

Post a Comment